Fender American Original '70s Telecaster Custom Maple Fingerboard, Mocha
Fender American Original '70s Telecaster Custom Overview.
For 2020 the extremely popular vintage inspired Fender American Original Series has a few new additions which we think look great! Due to popular demand there is now a Fender American Original 70s Telecaster Custom which is available in three different colours, Mocha, Vintage Blonde and 3-Colour Sunburst also there is now a Fender American Original 60s Telecaster thinline available in Surf Green, Aged Natural and 3-Colour Sunburst. Adding to that they have updated a few colour options for the Fender American Original 60s Stratocaster which is now available in the extremely popular Shell Pink and the American Original 50s Precision Bass is now in Aztec Gold to name a few.
At the dawn of the seventies, as popular music trended towards the fatter tones of humbucking pickups into overdriven amps, Fender hired legendary humbucking pickup designer Seth Lover to create a distinctly Fender-flavored take on a higher output dual-coil pickup. The resulting Wide Range pickup used large bobbins and threaded CuNiFe rod magnets to achieve its unique and brilliant sound. The Telecaster® Custom was discontinued in 1979 and real CuNiFe-magnet pickups disappeared with them.
The American Original ‘70s Telecaster Custom features the first authentic CuNiFe magnet powered Wide Range neck pickup in over 40 years, complimented by a calibrated Tim-Shaw-designed ‘70s Telecaster single-coil bridge pickup. Controls include individual volume and tone for each pickup and an upper-bout 3-way toggle switch. Other touches include original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware - including F logo tuners and bullet truss rod adjust and a lacquer finish that lets the wood breathe naturally with resonant tone. A vintage-style hardshell case is included.
Fender American Original 70s Tele Custom Specs:
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitro
- Neck Shape:
- Scale Length: 25.5 (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood/Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5 (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650 (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Black or White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Tele
- Middle Pickup:
- Neck Pickup: Tim Shaw Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Bridge Pickup), Volume 2. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Neck Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Tele® with Slotted Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuners: Fender® Vintage F Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell
Wow ... not the elegant looks of its sexy Stratocaster siblings, and not even a classic Tele appearance having all the additional knobs and such, but you'd be hard pressed to find a Fender with such an excellent sound, and such a wide range of tones. The blend of the smooth humbucker and the bite of the single coil bridge pickup is a delight. Finish is of course exquisite and standard on this range of guitars, as is the setup with an impressive low action on a chunky, old-school neck. As I say ... Wow.