Fender American Performer Mustang, Rosewood, Satin Sonic Blue Overview
Introduced in 1964, the 24" scale Fender Mustang was originally designed as a low cost student model, but by the mid 1990s it had achieved cult status due to the numerous underground and influential alt-rock bands extolling its virtues. As part of Fender's American Performer range - a collection of well made American models with accessible price tags - the American Performer Mustang updates the original design, and in doing so creates an authentic looking, but modern and extremely playable instrument.
Staying true to the original aesthetic, the wonderfully vibrant Alder body feels light, tight, and comfortable, while the robust satin urethane finish in classic Sonic Blue ensures that the guitar not only looks the part, but is fully prepared for the rigours of the road, and years of ownership. The comfortable Modern “C” shaped Maple neck is again finished in a smooth but tough satin urethane, which is perfectly complimented by the 9.5" radius Rosewood fingerboard; 22 jumbo frets further add to the positive and highly playable feel of this fantastic guitar.
Handcrafted in Corona, California, the two Yosemite Single-Coil Mustang pickups have been specifically voiced for each position, and their classic Mustang spank, chirp, and howl will have even the most impassioned Fender Offset aficionado smiling. Sonic versatility is further enhanced by Fender's Greasebucket Tone System - a unique Fender design which allows treble cut without loss of gain or a “muddied” sound.
Other features include ClassicGear 18:1 tuning machines, a vintage-style tremolo bridge, and fine detailing such as the 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid pickguard, synthetic bone nut, and classic white dot inlays.
Born in Corona, California, the 24”-scale American Performer Mustang delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an authentic Fender, along with a unique feel and new player-oriented features that make it even more inspiring to play.
- American Performer Mustang®
- Series: American Performer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane, Satin Polyurethane (372)
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender ClassicGearTM
- Scale Length: 24” (610 mm)
- Bridge: American Performer Mustang Bridge and Tremolo
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickups: YosemiteTM Single-Coil Mustang (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching:
- 3-Position Neck Pickups, Toggle: Position Position 3. Neck 1. Bridge Pickup
- Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
Dunlop 418P Tortex Standard Picks, .73mm, 12 Pack
Hercules GS412B Plus AGS Guitar Stand
Tiger GST49 Wooden Guitar Wall Hanger