Fender American Professional Jaguar, Sonic Gray, Maple
Fender American Professional Jaguar Overview by GAK:
An eye-catching, adventurous design— an exquisite exercise in chrome, plastic and wood— the Jaguar guitar’s delightfully off-kilter aesthetics and unique sound made it a darling of underground artists from the ‘70s to today. Though it was the pinnacle of guitar technology when it was released in 1962, time (and technology) marches on so Fender updated the Jaguar with modern features and materials, hot-rodding it for today’s players. The result? The American Professional Jaguar— a dangerous instrument with bite.
Developed by pickup guru Michael Frank, the brand-new V-Mod Jaguar pickup design expands the guitar’s sonic palette with hot, vintage-informed tone delivering plenty of midrange punch and definition. Retain high-end clarity when adjusting the volume control, thanks to the new treble-bleed tone circuit that lets your tone shine through in all its glory. The new modern “Deep C”-shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand while the narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and play perfectly intonated chords. The improved tremolo and bridge incorporate a screw-in arm and brass Mustang saddles that stabilize the strings while adding a touch of sonic zip to your tone.
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish:
- -Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face (Maple)
- -Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front (Rosewood)
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 24” (610 mm)
- Bridge: 9.5 inch Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Screw-in Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jaguar (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel)
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- -Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide-Switch for In/Out of Phase When Both Pickups are On
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Moulded Case
Bloody excellent guitar and service. Top shop to buy from. Will buy again defo.
A truly beautiful guitar, love the finish which is definitely more grey than it looks in a lot of the pictures (looks quite blue in the picture above). The tone possibilities with the 4-way switching and the mid-scoop are almost endless and I just love how it feels when playing it.