Fender American Original '50s Precision Bass 2 Colour Sunburst
Fender American Original '50s Precision Bass 2 Colour Sunburst Overview by GAK
Rather than focussing on specific model years, the American Originals have cherry picked a number of features from across a certain decade and combined this with modern features such as a 9.5" Radius on the Fretboard, and 6105 style Tall Vintage frets for a lower action that won't fret-out on bends.
This Vintage Modern approach combines classic old school features like thin skin Nitrocellulose Lacquer and meticulously reproduced period correct pickups with some modern electronics and neck profiles.
Few companies can honestly claim to have changed the world like we did when we created the Precision Bass in 1951. By making playing bass easily accessible, it helped musicians find their creative voice and create new forms of music. The American Original ‘50s Precision Bass updates the playability of this groundbreaking instrument while retaining the original sound and style that changed the world.
The Pure Vintage ’58 P Bass split-coil pickup is as period-correct as possible, from the enamel- coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. There’s no mistaking the powerful punch of this pickup that helped shape the sound of modern music. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware— including a four-saddle vintage-style bridge— vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
Representing a fundamental shift in musical possibilities, the American Original ‘50s Precision Bass is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender the foundation of modern music.
- Height: 6.5
- Length: 50.5
- Volume: 3.419
- Weight: 27.0
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage Tweed (Red Interior)
- Strings: Fender® USA Super Bass 7250ML, NPS, (.045-.100 Gauges)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Pickup Covers: Chrome
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Middle Pickup: American Vintage '58 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass with Threaded Steel "Barrel" Saddles
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: New American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Fretboard: Maple
- Fret Size: Tall Vintage
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Shape: Large "C"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1.735" (44.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted