Fender Artist Series Ben Gibbard Mustang, Natural
This model is part of the Fender Artist series, which recreates renowned musicians preferred guitars with custom specs, unique finishes and other less common features. Ben Gibbard has been a leading indie rock singer-songwriter with Death Cab For Cutie since the late ’90s, regularly using 70’s Fender Mustangs as his preferred workhorse guitar. Fender has made a Ben Gibbard Mustang that recreates these models while also adding some extra enhancements.
This Ben Gibbard Mustang has a chambered Ash body which is very warm sounding and resonant, and a Maple Modern ‘C’-shaped neck and 22-fret fretboard, which provides a tighter top-end and better sustain. This model also features 6-saddle Vintage-Style Mustang tremolo and Vintage-Style tuning machines with the Fender logo.
For pickups, it has two Vintage-Style single-coil Mustang pickups, which provide a crisp, articulate chime and vibrant vintage tones. The look is completed with a black control knobs and a black and white pickguard with nickel and chrome hardware.
Since the late 1990s, Ben Gibbard has been a prominent voice in indie rock as singer-songwriter for the platinum-selling band Death Cab for Cutie. His melodic, personal songwriting style and the band’s powerful sound helped pave the way for generations of musicians to follow.
Ben’s modified '70s Fender Mustangs have been his preferred touring choice for years. The Ben Gibbard Mustang recreates his modified touring workhorses and adds some bold new enhancements.
Featuring a chambered ash body design for increased resonance and reduced weight and a one-piece 22-fret modern ‘C’-shaped maple neck with 9.5’ radius fingerboard and medium jumbo frets, this guitar is a comfortable and versatile stage performer. Electronics include a set of custom, vintage-inspired Ben Gibbard Mustang pickups and a stage-ready 3-way rotary pickup selector switch. What appears to be a vintage-style Mustang bridge is actually an innovative modified hardtail setup, providing rock-solid stability, intonation and sustain.
Includes strap locks and a Fender gig bag.
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Material Chambered Ash
- Body Shape Mustang®
- Bridge Pickup Vintage-Style Single-Coil Mustang®
- Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo
- Case/Gig Bag Gig Bag
- Color Natural
- Configuration SS
- Controls Master Volume
- Fingerboard Material Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size Medium Jumbo
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Included Accessories
- Middle Pickup
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Pickup Vintage-Style Single-Coil Mustang®
- Neck Shape Modern "C"
- Number of Frets 22
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Pickguard 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Special Electronics
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Switching 3-Position Rotary: Position 1. Neck Pickup (Full Clockwise), Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (Middle), Position 3. Bridge Pickup (Full Counterclockwise)
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style with Fender Logo