Fender Artist Series Chrissie Hynde Telecaster, Iced Blue Metallic
This model is part of the Fender Artist series, which recreates renowned musicians preferred guitars with custom specs, unique finishes and other less common features. Chrissie Hynde is known for using various Telecasters during her time as frontwoman for The Pretenders, and this model recreates the classic Tele looks and tones she prefers while adding some extra enhancements.
This Chrissie Hynde Telecaster has an Alder body which provides a resonant, bright, balanced tone, with Ice Blue Metallic colouring and a Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish. It also has a Mid-60’s ‘C’-shaped Maple neck and a 21-fret Rosewood fretboard with Vintage Tall frets.
This model also features 6-saddle String-Through-Body Tele bridge with stainless steel saddles, which maximise string vibration, and vintage-style locking tuning machines.
For pickups, it has two Vintage-Style ‘50’s single-coil Tele pickups, which provide a twangy, well-defined sound. The look is completed with a chrome pickguard and nickel/chrome hardware.
Telecaster in hand, Chrissie Hynde formed The Pretenders in 1979 and quickly established the band as a rock and roll powerhouse. Chrissie’s churning Tele rhythms have been the heartbeat of the band’s rugged sound from the very beginning.
The Chrissie Hynde Telecaster features an alder body finished in Faded Ice Blue Metallic Road Worn lacquer, a custom mid-‘60s ‘C’-shaped maple neck with a 7.25’ radius fingerboard - exactly matching Chrissie’s original, vintage-output Chrissie Hynde Tele pickups and a chrome mirror pickguard all matching the unmistakable look and feel of Hynde’s treasured '65 model.
- Body Finish Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material Alder
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Bridge Pickup Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Tele®
- Bridge 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Stainless Steel Saddles
- Case/Gig Bag Deluxe Gig Bag
- Color Ice Blue Metallic
- Configuration SS
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size Vintage Tall
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Included Accessories
- Middle Pickup
- Neck Finish Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Pickup Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Shape Mid '60s "C"
- Number of Frets 21
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Pickguard 1-Ply Chrome
- Position Inlays White Pearloid Dot
- Special Electronics
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style Locking