Fender Artist Series Jason Isbell Custom Telecaster, 3-Colour Chocolate Burst
This model is part of the Fender Artist series, which recreates renowned musicians preferred guitars with custom specs, unique finishes and other less common features.
Jason Isbell is a Grammy Award winner known for his solo work, as well as with bands The 400 Unit and Drive-By Truckers. This Artist Series model recreates the Tele models looks and sounds that Jason Isbell has used throughout his career.
This Jason Isbell Telecaster has an Alder body which comes in a warm, bold 3-Colour Chocolate Burst with a Road Worn nitrocellulose lacquer finish to complete the vintage look. It also has a Mid-‘60’s ‘C’-shaped Maple neck and 21-fret Rosewood fretboard with Narrow Tall frets. This model also features a 3-saddle string-through-body Tele bridge with compensated brass saddles, which improve the tone and sustain, allowing more accurate intonation than straight saddles, and Vintage-Style tuning machines.
For pickups, it has two specially-voice Jason Isbell Telecaster single-coil pickups, and the look is completed with a black and white pickguard with nickel and chrome hardware.
Armed with blistering guitar chops, incisive lyrics and a powerful voice, Grammy Award winner Jason Isbell has emerged as a leading face of the Americana movement ’ a dynamic blend of traditional roots music and modern rock.
The Jason Isbell Custom Telecaster is visually striking ’ the Chocolate Sunburst pops against the cream double-binding of the '59-style Telecaster Custom body while Fender’s Road Worn aging process gives it the look and feel of a well-used instrument. The vintage-inspired mid-‘60s ‘C’-shaped maple neck and 21-fret rosewood fingerboard combines with the sparkling, fiery tones of the custom Jason Isbell Telecaster Pickups and the chicken-pickin’ playability of the modified bridge to create a guitar that sounds and plays as a good as it looks.
- Body Finish Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material Alder
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Bridge Pickup Specially Voiced Jason Isbell Telecaster® Single-Coil
- Bridge 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Compensated Brass Saddles, 6 screw mounting with removable modern "Ashtray" Bridge Cover
- Case/Gig Bag Deluxe Gig Bag
- Color 3-Color Chocolate Burst
- Configuration SS
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size Narrow Tall
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Included Accessories
- Middle Pickup
- Neck Finish Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Pickup Specially Voiced Jason Isbell Telecaster® Single-Coil
- Neck Shape Mid '60s "C"
- Number of Frets 21
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Pickguard 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Position Inlays White Dot
- Special Electronics
- Strings Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style
Just get one.