Fender Bassman 500 Head
Fender Bassman 500 Head Overview by GAK
Pro Bassman Sound and Style, the Bassman 500 combines Fender's world-standard "blackface" tube preamp with a lightweight 500 watt Class D power amp. Its dual-channel design uses modern technology to maximize classic technology, with classic Fender '60s "blackface" styling and a wealth of innovative features on the front and rear panels. A vintage channel that delivers the full, warm sound of classic Fender amps with passive tone stack and an overdrive channel that delivers the aggressive and responsive sound of a modern active tone stack (choose between channels with included footswitch). The Bassman 500 mates perfectly with Bassman Pro Series Neo speaker cabinets and Rumble V3 410/115 cabinets.
Featuring 500 watts of tube/Class-D hybrid power, Tube preamp, Lightweight design (only 17 lbs), Switchable tube overdrive, XLR line out with ground lift, level control and pre/post EQ switch, Pull "Mute" for silent tuning
Huge bass tone is one thing. Huge bass tone with the grittiest, most viscerally satisfying and aggressive overdrive you’ve ever heard is quite another.
For even greater tonal definition, this powerful bass head’s two "bass" control knobs double as "deep" pull switches that emphasize the low end with pronounced power and clarity, while the two "treble" control knobs double as "bright" pull switches that emphasize the high end with singing brilliance.
For easy compatibility with external stage and studio performance and recording systems, this pro bass head features a rear-panel XLR line output with level control knob, ground lift switch and pre/post EQ switch.
- Amplifier Type: Hybrid (Tube/Solid State)
- -Vintage - VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT)
- -Overdrive - GAIN, BLEND, VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID FREQ, MID LVL, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT)
- -MASTER (pull MUTE)
- Wattage: 500 Watts @ 4ohms / 350 Watts @ 8-ohms
- Effects Loop: 1/4" - (Preamp Out, Power Amp In)
- Inputs: Two - (1/4", Input 2 is at -6dB)
- Line Out: One - (XLR with Ground Lift, Level Control, and Pre/Post EQ Switch)
- Channels: Two - (Vintage, Overdrive)
- Rectifier: Solid State
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Cabinet Material: 7-Ply 5/8" Meranti Plywood
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red Jewel
- Handle: Two Spring-Loaded Side Handles, One Dog-Bone Style Top Handle
- Front Panel: Black
- Grill Cover: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver Grille Cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 10.5" (26.7 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 22.7" (57.6 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 8.94" (22.7 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 16 lbs. (7.26 kg)
- Pre Amp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Unique Features: Arena power and stage presence that weighs only 16 lbs (7.27 kg), Pull 'Mute' for silent tuning, Tuner Output, Effects Loop, Switchable Overdrive, Two Speakon 1/4" combo jacks
- Footswitch: 1-Button Footswitch Included