Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special (Candy Apple Red)
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special (Candy Apple Red) Overview by GAK
For the modern guitarist who wants classic Jaguar sound and style, the Classic Player Jaguar Special updates the timeless instrument with several thoroughly modern appointments. With great Classic Player sound and style, these include hotter pickups, a tone cut switch, an Adjusto-Matic™ bridge, a neck pocket with increased back-angle for improved stability and sustain, and more.
Featuring a Neck pocket optimized for better neck pitch, 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets, Dual special design “hot” single-coil Jaguar pickups, On/off slider switch for each pickup, Two-position tone cut switch, Classic Jaguar “lead”/“rhythm” dual-circuit design with volume and tone control for each, Adjusto-Matic bridge with vintage-style “floating” tremolo tailpiece and tremolo lock button
MEDIUM JUMBO FRETS
Not too short, not too tall. Not too wide, not too narrow. On a guitar fingerboard, medium jumbo frets are the "Goldilocks" size—just right for any sound and playing style.
9.5" FINGERBOARD RADIUS
The fingerboard radius is an important spec that describes the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard. This instrument’s modern 9.5" fingerboard radius is slightly more flattened than a vintage-style radius, but still with enough arc to provide a natural and notably comfortable fretting-hand feel, and to make bending notes easier.
ADJUSTO-MATIC™ BRIDGE WITH VINTAGE-STYLE TREMOLO
For notable string placement and tuning stability, this instrument features an Adjusto-Matic bridge, along with a vintage-style "floating" tremolo tailpiece and tremolo lock button for an added touch of original-era authenticity.
SPECIAL DESIGN HOT JAGUAR PICKUPS
For hotter sound with more output than traditional Jaguar bite, this amped-up Classic Player model features two powerfully voiced Special Design Hot single-coil Jaguar pickups.
IMPROVED NECK ANGLE
For optimal bridge and tremolo performance, this Classic Player model actually improves on the original models with a slightly more pronounced neck angle produced by a new neck pocket cut.
TREMOLO PLATE CLOSER TO BRIDGE
Along with a more pronounced neck angle, bridge and tremolo performance on this instrument are improved by moving the tremolo plate slightly closer to the bridge. This increases the string-break angle for more stable string placement, and reduces the string length behind the bridge to lessen or eliminate unwanted sympathetic vibrations.
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape, (Gloss Urethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
- No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 2 Special Design Hot Jaguar Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge)
- -"Lead" Circuit:
- -2-Position Tone Switch,
- -"Rhythm" Circuit:
- -Circuit Selector Switch
- Pickup Switching: 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button
- Machine Heads: Fender®/Ping® Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell on 3-Colour Sunburst, 3-Ply Mint Green on Candy Apple Red
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Unique Features: New Pickups with Fatter Tone and More Output, Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge, Medium Jumbo Frets, New Neck Pocket Cut Provides Better Pitch, 9.5" Radius, Trem Plate Moved Closer to Bridge to Increase Break Angle and Sustain, Screw-In Tremolo Arm, Black Plastic Knobs and Switches
- Strings: Fender Standard Tension™ ST250R, Nickel Plated Steel,
- Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046),
- Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag