Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster Special 3 Colour Sunburst
Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster Special (3 Colour Sunburst) Overview by GAK
For the modern guitarist who wants a classic Jazzmaster, the Classic Player Jazzmaster Special updates the timeless instrument with several thoroughly modern appointments. With great Classic Player sound and style, these include hotter pickups, an Adjusto-Matic™ bridge, a neck pocket with increased back-angle for improved stability and sustain, and more.
Featuring a Neck pocket optimized for better neck pitch, 9.5” radius fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets, Dual special design “hot” single-coil Jazzmaster pickups, Three-way toggle pickup switch on lower horn, Classic Jazzmaster “lead”/“rhythm” dual-circuit design with volume and tone control for each, Adjusto-Matic bridge with vintage-style “floating” tremolo tailpiece and tremolo lock button.
MEDIUM JUMBO FRETS
Not too short, not too tall. Not too wide, not too narrow. On a guitar fingerboard, medium jumbo frets are the "Goldilocks" size—just right for any sound and playing style.
9.5" FINGERBOARD RADIUS
The fingerboard radius is an important spec that describes the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard. This instrument’s modern 9.5" fingerboard radius is slightly more flattened than a vintage-style radius, but still with enough arc to provide a natural and notably comfortable fretting-hand feel, and to make bending notes easier.
ADJUSTO-MATIC™ BRIDGE WITH VINTAGE-STYLE TREMOLO
For notable string placement and tuning stability, this instrument features an Adjusto-Matic bridge, along with a vintage-style "floating" tremolo tailpiece and tremolo lock button for an added touch of original-era authenticity.
SPECIAL DESIGN HOT JAZZMASTER PICKUPS
For hotter sound with more output than traditional Jazzmaster warmth, this amped-up Classic Player model features two powerfully voiced Special Design Hot single-coil Jazzmaster pickups.
IMPROVED NECK ANGLE
For optimal bridge and tremolo performance, this Classic Player model actually improves on the original models with a slightly more pronounced neck angle produced by a new neck pocket cut.
TREMOLO PLATE CLOSER TO BRIDGE
Along with a more pronounced neck angle, bridge and tremolo performance on this instrument are improved by moving the tremolo plate slightly closer to the bridge. This increases the string-break angle for more stable string placement, and reduces the string length behind the bridge to lessen or eliminate unwanted sympathetic vibrations.
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape, (Gloss Urethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 2 Special Design Hot Jazzmaster Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge)
- -"Lead" Circuit: Volume, Tone,
- -"Rhythm" Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle, positions-
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- (Lead Circuit) 2-Position Slide:
- -Up: Lead Tone Circuit
- -Down: Rhythm Tone Circuit
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button
- Machine Heads: Fender®/Ping® Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard : 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Unique Features: New Pickups with Fatter Tone and More Output, Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge, Medium Jumbo Frets, New Neck Pocket Cut Provides Better Pitch, 9.5" Radius, Trem Plate Moved Closer to Bridge to Increase Break Angle and Sustain, Screw-In Tremolo Arm, White Plastic Knobs and Switches
- Strings: Fender Standard Tension™ ST250R, Nickel Plated Steel,
- Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046)
- Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag