Fender Classic Series '60s Jaguar Lacquer Fiesta Red
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH (Olympic White) £1,003.00
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special (Candy Apple Red) £978.00
Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster Special 3 Colour Sunburst £939.46
Fender Classic Series '60s Jazzmaster Lacquer Surf Green £899.00
Guild M-75 Aristocrat, Antique Burst £931.00
Guild Bluesbird Ice Tea Burst £899.00
Gibson USA 2018 Firebird Studio, Vintage Sunburst £899.00
Fender Classic Series '60s Jaguar Lacquer Fiesta Red Overview by GAK
For guitarists who must have original-era Jaguar sound, look and feel, the Classic Series '60s Jaguar Lacquer epitomizes the instrument during its debut decade, when guitarists from coast to coast used it to ride waves of reverb-drenched surf and instrumental music. With authentic features including a nitrocellulose lacquer finish in classic Fiesta Red and dual American Vintage Jaguar pickups, everything about it takes you back to a wildly creative time when rock music came into its own, from surf to psychedelia and more.
Featuring a Fiesta Red nitrocellulose lacquer finish, 24” scale length, Maple neck with “C” profile, 7.25” radius Pau ferro fingerboard with 22 vintage-style frets, Dual single-coil American Vintage ’65 Jaguar pickups, Classic Jaguar “lead”/“rhythm” dual-circuit design, Vintage-style bridge with “floating” tremolo tailpiece
This is the smallest fret size, neither as tall nor as wide as medium jumbo frets. This is how we used to make them back in the 1950s, ’60s and ’70s, and is the comfortable way to go for those who grew up with it or simply just prefer the feel of smaller frets.
The fingerboard radius is an important spec that describes the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard. This instrument has a 7.25" fingerboard radius, with a more pronounced "vintage-style" curvature typical of Fender guitars from the 1950s, ’60 and ’70s. It’s the way to go for those who grew up with vintage instruments or simply prefer the feel of greater fingerboard curvature.
This instrument features specially voiced American Vintage pickups meticulously researched and crafted to reproduce the authentic design, voice and performance of the great Fender guitars of the 1960s.
This instrument includes a vintage-authentic nitrocellulose-lacquer finish that lets the body wood breathe with more natural resonance. It's Road Worn finish and hardware treatment imparts a cool aged look and feel, conveying the impression that this instrument has more than just a few miles on it.
This is the classic shorter scale originally offered during the 1960s on Fender classics such as the Jaguar and Mustang guitars. Originally adopted to appeal to those already comfortable with the slightly shorter scales of guitars by other makers, the 24" scale remains a classic Fender design element still offered today.
The neck of this instrument has a comfortable "C" profile (the shape of the neck in cross section), sculpted to impart a vintage-style playing feel from Fender’s first golden age in the 1950s and ’60s. The most prevalent neck profile shape, it’s remarkably comfortable and is ideal for all playing styles.
Fender Classic Series 60s Jaguar Lacquer Features:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pao Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jaguar
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jaguar
- -Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone
- -Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Pickup Switching: Neck Pickup On/Off Slide Switch, Bridge Pickup On/Off Slide Switch, Normal/Low Cut Slide Switch
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjustable with "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features:
- -Single "Wing" String Tree
- -Vintage-Style Strap Buttons
- -Vintage-Style Heel Adjust Truss Rod
- -Pop-In Tremolo Arm
- -Vintage Tinted Neck
- -White Pickup Covers