Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster Journeyman Relic, Aged Nocaster Blonde
Click 'add to basket' to see 4 add-on deals!
Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster Journeyman Relic, Aged Nocaster Blonde Overview.Even though there were earlier designs, 1952 is considered the first year of production for the venerable Tele®, and the 1952 Telecaster Relic is a premium example of this design, slightly tweaked for modern players. All the classic “Blackguard” touches are here: 1-ply Black phenolic pickguard, ash body with classic Blonde finish and medium-tint riftsawn maple neck with “ ’52 U”-shaped profile. The first Telecaster had some subtle changes from the ’51 nocaster, including a slow transition from slot-head screws to Phillips-head, reflected here by both types appearing (as happened on some models). Three different lacquer finish packages are available, giving it everything from the look of a well-loved instrument, to the aesthetics of a tried-and-true road dog. Not only does a lacquer finish let the body wood “breathe” with sustain, it wears in a personal way and is an authentic original-era element.
We wanted to give this guitar the fattest, gruntiest tone you’ve ever heard from a Tele, so we loaded it with a pair of Hand-Wound ’51 Loaded Nocaster single-coil pickups, tied together with Fat ‘50s Tele wiring and a 3-way pickup switch. Other features include 9.5”-radius fingerboard, 21 6105 frets, ‘51/’54 bridge with brass saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Body Ash
- Body Finish Lacquer
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape 1952 "U"
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Frets Size 6105 Narrow Tall
- String Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup Custom Shop Hand-Wound Loaded '51 Nocaster®
- Neck Pickup Custom Shop Hand-Wound Loaded '51 Nocaster®
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Bridge 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Brass Saddles
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity