Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s Pickup Set
Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s Pickup set, Overview by GAK
Fender Custom Shop Fat ’50s Strat pickups deliver the single-coil 1950s Stratocaster sound you know and love. Hot-rodded wiring design delivers enhanced bass response and an extra shot of 21st-century attitude. Do you want the sound of a '50s Strat, but with a little bit more attitude? Check out the Custom Shop Fat '50s. These calibrated pickups are constructed with hand bevelled, staggered, Alnico 5 magnets and Formvar wire on the coils. The Fat '50s deliver enhanced bass response without the harsh mid-range. The middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum cancelling in positions 2 & 4. The blues never sounded so sweet.
Some Stratocaster modifications, such as using a matchbook cover to jam the original 3-way pickup switch in the “in-between” positions (effectively creating a five-way switch), have found their way into Fender’s production lines and became some of the standard Strat features used today for the ultimate musical expression.
A Stratocaster sounds great right out of the box, but it’s also incredibly easy to further personalize it to get the precise tone you want. One of the easiest ways to do this is by swapping the pickups. We have a wide variety of aftermarket pickups that you can easily install in your instrument to meet your sonic needs.
- Custom Shop Fat '50s Bridge Pickup: DC Resistance: 6.2K, Inductance: 2.8 Henries
- Custom Shop Fat '50s Middle Pickup: DC Resistance: 6.3K, Inductance: 2.75 Henries
- Custom Shop Fat '50s Neck Pickup: DC Resistance: 6.0K, Inductance: 2.4 Henries
- Formvar magnet wire
- Reverse-wound middle pickup
- Staggered hand-beveled pole pieces for balanced output
- Alnico 5 magnets for enhanced dynamics
- Period-correct cloth wire and fiber bobbin
- Installation hardware included