Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s Pickup Set
Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s Pickup set, Overview by GAK
Fender Custom Shop Fat ’50s Strat pickups deliver the single-coil 1950s Stratocaster sound you know and love. Hot-rodded wiring design delivers enhanced bass response and an extra shot of 21st-century attitude. Do you want the sound of a '50s Strat, but with a little bit more attitude? Check out the Custom Shop Fat '50s. These calibrated pickups are constructed with hand bevelled, staggered, Alnico 5 magnets and Formvar wire on the coils. The Fat '50s deliver enhanced bass response without the harsh mid-range. The middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum cancelling in positions 2 & 4. The blues never sounded so sweet.
Some Stratocaster modifications, such as using a matchbook cover to jam the original 3-way pickup switch in the “in-between” positions (effectively creating a five-way switch), have found their way into Fender’s production lines and became some of the standard Strat features used today for the ultimate musical expression.
- Custom Shop Fat '50s Bridge Pickup: DC Resistance: 6.2K, Inductance: 2.8 Henries
- Custom Shop Fat '50s Middle Pickup: DC Resistance: 6.3K, Inductance: 2.75 Henries
- Custom Shop Fat '50s Neck Pickup: DC Resistance: 6.0K, Inductance: 2.4 Henries
- Formvar magnet wire
- Reverse-wound middle pickup
- Staggered hand-beveled pole pieces for balanced output
- Alnico 5 magnets for enhanced dynamics
- Period-correct cloth wire and fiber bobbin
- Installation hardware included
The product is of the highest quality as I expect of Fender.
Changed my decent sounding mexican strat to to amazing what i was looking for sound very pleased. Baz
great pickups for a strat