Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH Black Cherry Sunburst
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH (Black Cherry Sunburst) Overview by GAK
An exquisite high-end Telecaster experience awaits the player who gets his hands on a Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH. First, it looks phenomenal, with a carved flame maple top on a mahogany body, cream body binding, a gorgeous Amber finish with a matching headstock, a mahogany set neck, abalone dot fingerboard inlays and black hardware.
Second, it sounds phenomenal, with dual Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups, three-way pickup switching, a push/pull coil tap switch built into the master tone control knob, and more. A decidedly non-traditional Telecaster of peerlessly crafted style and powerful sonic substance.
Nato body with carved Flame maple top to create one of the most sumptuously refined looks ever given to traditionally simple Tele design, the Custom Telecaster FMT HH features a resonant nato body capped by an exquisitely carved flame maple top with cream binding.
The huge voice of the Custom Telecaster FMT HH comes from its powerful Seymour Duncan pickups—a warm ’59 at the neck that goes especially well with the mahogany body, and a sweet and slightly hotter Pearly Gates at the bridge.
Set Neck, in a most unusual design element for a Telecaster—or any other Fender guitar, for that matter—the Custom Telecaster FMT HH features a glued-on set neck fashioned from resonant and darkly beautiful nato.
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Binding: Cream Binding on Top of Body
- Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo Frets
- Position Inlays: Oversized Abalone Dot
- Fretboard Radius: 15.75" (40 cm)
- Fretboard: Laurel
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Headstock: Matching Painted Headstock
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Pearly Gates™ Humbucking Pickup
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® '59 Humbucker Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Push/Pull Pot for Coil Tap
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (with Push/Pull Coil Select Feature)
- Hardware: Black Chrome
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele® Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
- String Nut: Graphite
- Switch Tip: Black Switch Tip
- Strings: Fender® USA Super 250L's, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features:
- -Cream Colored Top Body Binding
- -Oversized Abalone Dot Position Inlays
- -Matching Painted Headstock
- -Graphite Nut
- Case/Gig Bag: Not included
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
Awesome. Good set up straight out of the box with no need to adjust intonnation or action. Huge range of tone from warm humbucking at neck to classic tele when using the coil tap switch. Loving this guitar.
This is the most versatile guitar I have ever played and for once, one that sounds excellent when played with the coils tapped. The baseness of the guitar is superb. The quality is equal to my PRS. It arrived perfectly setup to Fender specs. Only had it a week, so time will tell, but first impressions are excellent. The only improvement I can think of is to add locking tuners, which is more a personal preference than a necessity. I particularly love the neck, which is very flat (15") and a dream for fast playing. I am very impressed.
A really well finished guitar with excellent Seymour Duncan humbucker pickups that have a coil tap on the tone control and a 3 way switch so you get 6 different tones from the one guitar. It's made in Korea so not the same quality as an American Fender but it's very close and I really like the curved body with belly cutout so it's more comfortable than my traditional Tele. For the money my only complaint is it does not come with even a soft case which I think is a bit stingy by Fender.