Fender Deluxe Active Precision Bass Special (Olympic White)
Fender Deluxe Active Precision Bass Special Overview by GAK
For players who find themselves alternating between a variety of musical styles at a moment’s notice, the Deluxe Precision Bass® Special is the perfect companion on stage and in the studio. Designed for powerful, flexible tone with smooth playing feel, this robust and rich-sounding bass combines the best features of Fender’s classic basses to create a "hybrid" model with sleek, authentic Fender style but is packed with new tones.
There’s a wealth of useful tones hiding inside this bass’ pickups and electronics. Powered by a punchy vintage-style split-coil Precision Bass pickup in the middle position and a growling Vintage Noiseless™ Jazz Bass bridge pickup, this bass rises to any occasion. The robust control scheme includes a three-band active EQ with treble, mid and bass controls—each with boost and cut to accurately shape your tone—along with a pan pot for
The alder body bears a durable gloss polyester finish that looks great under the spotlight while being tough enough to shrug off the abuse of gigging and travelling. Classic Precision Bass appointments include knurled flat-top control knobs, nickel/chrome hardware, black pickup covers,
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots on Maple, White Pearloid Dots on Pau Ferro
- Bridge Pickup: Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless™ Jazz Bass with Nickel-Plated Pole Pieces
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Three-Band Active EQ with Treble Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut and Mid Boost/Cut
- Pickup Switching: Pan Pot
- Bridge: Fender HiMass™
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)
No upgrades available
Faulty active electronics. Noisy ‘noiseless’ jazz pickup and noisy treble pot. Not useable due to this.
It's a Fender Precision. Beautifully made. Beautiful to play. Perfection in every way.
Great bass. Classic Dee Dee Ramone and Sid Vicious look. The guys in our band loved the sound. Feels great, love it!
A-W-E-S-O-M-E.. The quality of the instrument is second to none, as you would expect from a Fender Mexico bass. Gigged with it last night and blew the audience away. I was well impressed.