Fender Duff Mckagan Deluxe Precision Bass, RW, Black
Fender Duff Mckagan Deluxe Precision Bass, RW, Black Overview by GAK.
The Duff McKagan Deluxe Precision Bass is based on the ‘80s Jazz Bass Special he used while recording Appetite for Destruction. An evolution of his signature model, this bass adds player-friendly features and stylistic touches that Duff demands.
The black-painted “Modern C”-shaped quartersawn maple neck has a “Deluxe Jazz Bass Special” headstock logo and hosts a rosewood fingerboard with pearloid block inlays, along with the number “12” at the twelfth fret. A must-have for live performance, the Hipshot® Bass Xtender allows instant drop-tuning with the flick of a lever. Duff’s signature sound comes from pairing a Fender vintage-style Precision Bass split-coil pickup with a Seymour Duncan® STKJ2B Jazz Bass single-coil bridge pickup. This thunderous tone can be shaped precisely by the Fender TBX™ (Treble/Bass Expander) tone circuit.
Additional features include a Pure Vintage ‘70s bridge and, as a special touch, a Duff skull n’ crossbones neck plate. Includes deluxe gig bag.
Seymour Duncan® STKJ2B single-coil bridge pickup; Precision Bass split-coil neck pickup
Hipshot Bass Xtender
Modern C”-shaped neck; rosewood fingerboard
Pearloid block inlays; custom headstock logo; custom Duff neck plate
Includes deluxe gig bag
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Black Painted Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5” (241mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625” (41.3mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Truss Rod: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® STKJ2B Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style Split Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master TBX™ Tone Control
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: PJ
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Pure Vintage '70s with Single Groove Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear with Hipshot® Bass Xtender "Drop D" on the E String
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Engraved
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)