Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster White Blonde, Maple
Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster White Blonde, Maple
The long-awaited Eric Johnson Stratocaster guitar arose from Johnson's express wish to give something back to the collectors, players and fans who've supported him throughout his career. Designed by Johnson himself with his own personal features and preferences, this signature model has a highly contoured two-piece alder body with a very thin nitrocellulous lacquer finish. The one-piece quarter-sawn maple neck has a V-shaped profile, 12" fingerboard radius and 21 polished frets. The staggered vintage-style machine heads eliminate the need for a string tree, and the custom pickups are wound to Johnson's specs. Other features include a parchment -57-style pickguard, four-spring vintage tremolo, silver-painted block and -57-style string recess with no paint between the base plate and the block.
Any guitarist who marvels at the breathtaking sonic artistry and peerlessly pure tone of Texas Strat virtuoso Eric Johnson will also marvel at the Eric Johnson Stratocaster Maple guitar. Johnson is famously meticulous in crafting his tone, and every facet of the guitar is designed to Johnson's own detailed specs, from the specially voiced pickups to the extra-contoured neck and body to the distinctive tremolo assembly and much more. A refined signature model honoring one of modern music's finest Strat masters.Featuring
-Light two-piece alder body with deep 1957-style body contours and cavities
-One-piece vintage-tint quartersawn maple neck (contours sanded very smooth) with ’57-style “soft V” contour
-12”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets
-Specially voiced Eric Johnson single-coil pickups with countersunk screws and five-way switching
-Vintage-style tremolo with silver-painted block,’57-style string recess, no paint between base plate and block, and five springs (no tremolo cover)
-Master volume, neck tone and bridge tone controls
Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
Nitrocellulose lacquer is one of the great original-era Fender electric guitar finishes, and is still used today on select instruments. Thin, porous and delicate, it’s a premium finish prized for sonic qualities that let body woods breathe with their true tonal character, and for an appearance that ages and wears in a distinctive way appealing to many players.
Quartersawn Neck with "V" Profile
The neck of Johnson’s finely crafted signature Strat is fashioned from extra-strong quartersawn maple, with a sharper 1950s-style "V" profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) ideal for players with larger hands whose thumb extends over the edge of the fingerboard.
Special Eric Johnson Pickups
Eric Johnson is known for being meticulous about tone, and the sound of his signature Stratocaster comes from three specially voiced Eric Johnson single-coil pickups with countersunk mounting screws.
12" Fingerboard Radius
This instrument features a fingerboard radius (the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard) that, at 12", is substantially more flattened than both a vintage-style 7.25" radius and a modern 9.5" radius. Feels notably flat even though there’s still slight curvature, and is great for bending notes without fretting out.
Staggered Vintage-Style Tuners
These tuners have a cool vintage-style look and are height-staggered in pairs, with posts that get progressively shorter from the low strings to the high strings. This creates optimal string break angles from the nut to the tuners, with no consequent need for string trees.
No Back Tremolo Cover/Screw Holes
According to Johnson’s own specs, his signature Stratocaster has no tremolo cavity cover on the back and no screw holes for one.
- Body: 2-Piece, Deep Contoured, '57 Style Lightweight Alder Body
- Neck: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple, Soft "V" Shape (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 12" Radius (305 mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 Highly Polished Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 3 Special Design Eric Johnson Pickups with Countersunk Mounting Screws (Neck/Middle/Bridge)
- -Master Volume,
- -Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),
- -Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade-
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- -Position 3. Middle Pickup
- -Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- -Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Machine Heads: Fender®/Gotoh® Staggered Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard : 1-Ply Parchment, (8 Hole)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Unique Features: 1-Piece Quartersawn Soft "V" Shape Vintage Tinted Maple Neck, Extra Smooth Neck to Headstock Volute, Special Neckplate with Engraved EJ and Kokopelli, 2-Piece Deep Contoured '57 Style Lightweight Alder Body, 1957 Style Body Cavities, 12" Radius Fingerboard, Countersunk Holes in Pickguard for Pickup Mounting Screws, Height Staggered Vintage Style Tuners which Eliminate the Need for String Trees, Vintage Tremolo with Silver Painted Block and '57 Style String Recess (No Paint Between Base Plate and Block), 5 Tremolo Springs and No Back Tremolo Cover Plate
- Strings: Fender Super 250R, Nickel Plated Steel
- Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046)
- Accessories: Deluxe Blonde Hardshell Case with Black Ends (Black Interior), Strap, Cable, "Ash Tray" Bridge Cover