Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IV 40W 1x12 Combo Overview
The fourth incarnation of Fender's legendary Hot Rod Deluxe is seen by most as their finest. A pseudo 3 channel amp with the legendary Fender clean sound, a great drive channel and
An updated version of the legendary amplifier that’s been the heart of many guitarists’ rigs, the Hot Rod Deluxe IV features modified preamp circuitry, smoother-sounding spring reverb and updated aesthetics that any player is sure to appreciate. A supercharged amp decked out with player-requested features, this scorching 40-watt 1x12" combo is ideal for guitarists who need hot- rodded power with performance to spare.
The Hot Rod Deluxe IV includes a 12" Celestion A-Type speaker for well-balanced output with smooth highs, laid-back midrange and full, round lows. The modified preamp circuitry improves overdriven note definition, so you'll have articulate sound no matter how hard you push this amp. The onboard spring reverb has been modified to add smoothness, so you still get rich, shimmering tone, no matter how much reverb you use.
The updated aesthetics include a lightweight pine cabinet, improved control panel texture and graphics, ivory pointer knobs, steel-reinforced strap handle and lightly-aged silver grille cloth, giving it the unmistakable look and vibe you can only get from a Fender amp. Reliable, flexible and pedal- friendly, the Hot Rod Deluxe IV is an ideal addition to any electric guitarist’s amp collection.
The world's most popular tube amps just got better! Fender® Hot Rod series amplifiers are found on every stage in the world, large and small, and are used by guitarists from all walks of life. Hot Rod amps deliver unmistakable Fender tone and are the perfect platform for musicians to craft their own signature sound. These no-frills amps are affordable, reliable and loud, and they pair extremely well with stomp boxes. The Hot Rod Deluxe III is a 40-watt single 12" combo-the standard for gigging guitarists worldwide.
Famous for the low-end headroom characteristic of 6L6 tubes and a versatile all-12AX7 tube preamp, it also boasts luscious Fender spring reverb, an effects loop and more. Players wanting to add a little more output, fullness and stage coverage can even add a matching 112 extension enclosure. Additional Hot Rod Deluxe III upgrades include an easier-to-read black control panel with
Simply put, there’s really nothing quite like the pure, powerful sound of a Fender tube amplifier. For decades, the tonal richness and touch-sensitive dynamics of real tubes have given Fender amps a defining and unmistakable voice, as heard on most professional recordings and performances of the past 60 years—the music you’ve known your whole life.
Among their many fine sonic attributes, Fender guitar amps like this one are prized in particular for their luscious spring reverb. For that wet, shimmering ambient sound ranging from subtle to cavernous, Fender lets you dial it in exactly to taste. For perfect placement of your outboard effects in the signal chain, this amp features an effects loop with ¼" preamp output and power amp input jacks.
- Wattage: 40 Watts
- Effects Loop: Effects Loop (Preamp Out, Power Amp In)
- Inputs: Two
- Extension Speaker Jack: Extension Speaker Jack
- Channels: Three Selectable Channels (Normal, Drive and More Drive)
- Rectifier: Solid State Rectifier
- Controls: Presence, Reverb, Master Volume, Middle, Bass, Treble, Drive Select Switch, Drive Volume, Bright Switch
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red Amp Jewel
- Handle: "Dog Bone" Handle
- Front Panel: Black Front Panel
- Grill Cover Cloth: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Blackface Style Black/Silver Grille Cloth
- Input Impedance: 1M (Input 1)/136K (Input 2)
- Output Impedance: 4 or 8 ohms
- Amplifier Length: 10.75" (27.3 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 23.5" (59.7 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 18.75" (47.6 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 45 lbs (20.41 kg)
- Effects: Spring Reverb
- Speaker: 1-12" Celestion® G12P-80, 8 ohm Speaker
- Pre Amp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6L6
- Unique Features:
- -Independent Gain and Master Controls in Drive Channel
- -Bright Switch
- -Effects Loop
- -External Speaker Jack
- -2-Button 3-Function Footswitch for Channel Select, Drive Select and "More Drive" Select
- -Black Panel
- -Vintage Pointer Knobs
- -Internal Variable Bias Control
- FootSwitch: 2-Button, 3-Function Footswitch Included
- Knobs: Chicken head-style amp knobs
- Accessories: Includes Amplifier Cover and 2-Button Footswitch
- Cover: Amplifier Cover Included
Fender Deluxe Instrument Cable, 3m/10ft, Black Tweed