Fender Hot Rod DeVille ML 212 60W 2x12 Combo
The Hot Rod DeVille ML amplifier delivers beautiful tube tone with features inspired by instrumental solo artist, world-class sideman, session master and "players' player" Michael Landau. An influential guitarist known for creating rich, expressive tones, Landau has used Hot Rod DeVille amps on stage for many years, with a special two-amp setup fed by a variety of stomp boxes.
So the mindset between this amp is to provide the ultimate clean tone as a "canvas" for pedals and player dynamics. As a result, the overdrive channel normally present on a Hot Rod DeVille has been removed. Instead, Fender have given it 2 separate volume controls that you can switch between, with the option of an additional footswitchable boost on the 2nd volume. Lush spring reverb and an effects loop are incorporated too. Special Celestion V-Type speakers give it a warm voicing and enhance the overall feeling that this is an extremely special amp.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Wattage: 60 Watts
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6L6
- Inputs: Two - (1/4", Input 2 is at -6dB)
- Speakers: Two - 12" Celestion V-Type
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel (Internal and External)
- Controls: Volume 1, Bright Switch for Volume 1, Volume 2, Boost Switch for Volume 2, Treble, Bass, Middle, Volume Select Switch, Reverb, Presence
- Effects: Reverb
- Impedance: 2 or 4 ohms
- Cover/Grille Cloth: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Blackface Style Black/Silver Grille Cloth
- Handle: Wide Leatherette Handle
- Knobs: Chicken-Head Style Pointer
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red Jewel
- Included Accessories: 2-Button Footswitch, Fitted Amplifier Cover
- Height: 21" (53.34 cm)
- Width: 24.25" (61.59 cm)
- Depth: 10.75" (27.3 cm)
- Weight: 54 lbs (24.5 kg)
I'm only just working my way around it, but first impressions are good. I was getting a bit more 'hiss' than I'd hoped for, but with a bit of tinkering of levels etc, that's pretty much gone. Nice tone on both channels... now working through which pedals are best matched with it. It's heavier than i had imagined it would be!