Fender Jim Root Telecaster Flat White, Ebony
Fender Jim Root Telecaster Flat White, Ebony, Overview by GAK
For heavy, molten nu-metal Tele® style, the Jim Root Telecaster delivers crushing detuned tone with a stark utilitarian look. The towering Slipknot guitarist worked with Fender to create a huge-sounding signature Telecaster model that complements his heavy playing style, and it's a beast—right down to its 12" radius Ebony fingerboard, EMG® active humbucking pickups, sparse control layout and more. Brutal.
Featuring a Mahogany body, Flat Black and Flat White satin nitro-lacquer finishes, Ebony or Maple 12”-radius fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets, EMG® 60 (neck) and 81 (bridge) active humbucking pickups, Single control knob (volume) and three-way pickup switch, Hardtail strings-thru-body bridge
For a decidedly non-traditional design and configuration, the crushing nu-metal sound of the Jim Root Telecaster is produced by a fearsome pair of EMG® active humbucking pickups.
This instrument features a 12" fingerboard radius (the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard) that is substantially more flattened than both a vintage-style 7.25" radius and a modern 9.5" radius. Feels notably flat even though there’s still slight curvature, and is great for bending notes without fretting out.
A convenient high-end, high-performance feature, locking tuners offer increased tuning stability, especially on tremolo-equipped guitars, and they make changing strings substantially faster and easier than conventional tuners.
The Jim Root Telecaster offers a darkly alluring ebony fingerboard for smooth performance and a touch of elegance.
This guitar’s strong and resonant mahogany body has a finish that combines the thin breathability of lacquer with the stylishly muted matte look of a satin color coat.
In a pleasingly malevolent touch, the sparsely appointed Jim Root Telecaster features an all-black bridge, controls, bridge pickup bezel, tuners, strap buttons and more.
- Model Name : Jim Root Telecaster®
- Finish : Polyurethane
- Body : Mahogany
- Neck : Maple, Modern "C" Shape, (Satin Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard : Ebony on Flat White, or Maple on Flat Black, 12" Radius
- No. of Frets : 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups : 1 EMG 60 (Neck); 1 EMG 81 (Bridge)
- Controls : Master Volume
- Pickup Switching : 3-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge : Black 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hardtail Bridge
- Machine Heads : Black Fender®/Schaller® Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking Tuning Machines
- Hardware : Black
- Scale Length : 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut : 1.650" (42 mm)
- Mahogany Body
- Accessories : Black Tweed Case with Red Plush Interior