Fender Justin Meldal-Johnsen Mustang Bass, Road Worn, Faded Daphne Blue
Fender Justin Meldal-Johnsen Road Worn Mustang Bass Overview by GAK
Known as a true renaissance man of the modern music scene, Justin Meldal-Johnsen’s bass credits include Beck, Nine Inch Nails, Drake and more. His production credits include Jimmy Eat World, Paramour and M83, among others. JMJ is a shining example of today’s breed of multi-genre musician/producers, ever pushing boundaries and inspiring others.
From studio to stage, Justin’s treasured ’67 Mustang Bass is his tool of choice. We teamed up with him to create a signature 4-string modelled after his vintage Daphne Blue instrument—the Justin Meldal-Johnsen Road Worn Mustang Bass. Powered by a custom-spec split-coil pickup, the JMJ Road Worn Mustang bass is perfect for laying down punchy basslines with plenty of Fender mojo. The 30” scale gives it a tight, focused tone while the modern 9.5”-radius fingerboard with rolled edges offers a familiar feel that will make any bassist feel right at home.
Designed for comfort and speed, this bass also has stage-ready style. From the nicks and picks scratches on the body to the worn-in feel of the neck to the aged hardware, this bass shows the marks of an instrument that has earned its stripes out on the road. Check out the unique tone and amazing feel of the Justin Meldal-Johnsen Road Worn Mustang Bass.
- Series: Artist
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 19, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Dots
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Scale Length: 30” (762 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Mustang® Bass Strings-Through-Body
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickups: Custom Seymour Duncan Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass
- Pickup Switching: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Controls: Black Plastic
- Control Knobs: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 9050L Stainless Steel Flatwound, (.045, .060, .080, .100 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
Great bass, fun to play and well put together. Mine came well set up with the stock flatwounds. Sounds great out of the box :)
Awesome - beautiful and perfect setup - better than I ever thought!