Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar NOS 3 Tone Sunburst
Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar NOS Product Overview by GAK
'NOS' (New Old Stock) version of Kurt's Jaguar. Basically a nice, new & shiny guitar as opposed to the pre-aged 'Road Worn' model that has been available for the last couple of years. Fender's Kurt Cobain Jaguar is a new-looking version of the battered and highly unusual 1965 Jaguar that Cobain wielded during the heady early-'90s era when Nirvana ruled rock and led a musically stunning and culturally subversive movement.
Features include an alder body, bound fingerboard with
Accessories include a black textured vinyl hard-shell case and an exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain book with photos and commentary by Charles Peterson and an insightful interview with Nirvana guitar tech Earnie Bailey.
Fender Product Overview
Return to the dark intensity and huge guitar sounds of the grunge rock movement with the Kurt Cobain Jaguar, a new-looking version of the battered and highly unusual 1965 Jaguar that Cobain wielded during the heady early-’90s era when Nirvana ruled rock and led a musically stunning and culturally subversive movement. It authentically evokes the modified left-handed Jaguar that Cobain found secondhand and came to prize shortly after the recording of massive 1991 album Nevermind, complete with DiMarzio humbucking pickups, special switching, exclusive in-case extras and more. Available in right- and left-handed versions.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Neck Material: Rosewood
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® DP100 Super Distortion Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio® PAF DP-103
- Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down):
- -Volume (Neck)
- -Volume (Bridge)
- -Master Tone
- Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up):
- -Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Bridge: Black Chrome Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge with Chrome Vintage-Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome/Black Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Cast/Sealed
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features:
- -Stratocaster® Headstock
- -Toggle Pickup Selector Switch
- -Custom "Fender" Engraved Neckplate
- -White Bound Fingerboard
- -'50s Style Spaghetti Logo Decal
- -Knurled Chrome Dome Control Knobs
- -Modified Lower Switch Plate with Single Toggle Switch
- -Aged White Pickup Covers with Black Pickup Bezels
- -Tremolo Tip and Switch Tip
- -Dual "Wing" String Trees
This guitar is the absolute best!! It looks fantastic and sounds great. You won’t regret buying one of these... Nirvana fan or not!
Appears perfect can’t wait to give it to my son for Christmas.
Great range of tones, pleasantly surprised by the output of the bridge as well as the combination with the PAF. Very classic Jaguar looks and more