Fender Limited Editon Gold Foil Jazz Bass, Sonic Blue Overview
The Fender Limited Edition Gold Foil Jazz Bass is a special-run bass guitar inspired by cult classic models from the sixties. Featuring a DeArmond-style single-coil, a matching headstock and an Ebony fretboard, this Jazz Bass has a captivating tone to match its retro looks.
Gold Foil Collection
This Fender Jazz Bass is part of the Gold Foil Limited Collection, where each model oozes vintage charm and tone. Boasting high-end appointments across the board, including unique finishes, Ebony fretboards, premium hardware and special gold foil pickups, these Fender guitars and basses are bound to captivate players looking for an authentic 60s flavour. Although the Fender Gold Foil series is based on now sought-after “student guitars” from back in the day, you can expect every guitar in the range to be made with Fender’s trademark professional-quality construction.
Out of the Ordinary
The Gold Foil Collection Jazz Bass features an Alder body, a staple Fender tonewood that’s regarded for well-balanced, resonant with pronounced upper mids that enhance note-to-note definition. The Maple neck is carved to a comfortable '60s “C” profile and features a glass-like bound Ebony fretboard with a modern 9.5" radius and 20 Medium Jumbo frets. The neck also features a satin urethane finish for an inviting “played-in” feel and a matched headcap for that classic look.
Giving the Fender Gold Foil Jazz Bass its sixties Garage Rock vibe is a punchy Gold Foil single-coil, which delivers a unique tone that stands out from other Jazz Basses. Gold Foil pickups are renowned for their bright, crisp and full tonal character, with exceptional string separation and clarity. Fender also equip the Gold Foil J-Bass with premium hardware from top-to-bottom, including “lollipop” tuners, stylish “witch hat” knobs and a rock-solid vintage-style bridge with threaded steel saddles.
There are two Fender Gold Foil Jazz Bass models available in their own sleek, old-school finish, a Sonic Blue Jazz Bass and a 2-Tone Sunburst Jazz Bass. Jazzmaster and Telecaster models are also available for the guitarist that’s looking to add that distinctive Gold Foil tone to their guitar arsenal.
- SERIES: Gold Foil
- ORIENTATION: Right-Hand
- COLOR: Sonic Blue
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: MX
- HEADSTOCK: Jazz Bass®
- NECK MATERIAL: Maple
- NECK FINISH: Satin Urethane with Matched Headcap
- NECK SHAPE: '60s "C"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION: 4-Bolt Standard
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 9.5" (241 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- POSITION INLAYS: White Pearloid Dot
- SIDE DOTS: Black
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 20
- TRUSS ROD: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- TRUSS ROD NUT: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- STRING NUT: Synthetic Bone
- NUT WIDTH: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL: Synthetic Bone
- FRET SIZE: Medium Jumbo
- SCALE LENGTH: 34" (86.36 cm)
- BODY: Alder
- BODY FINISH: Gloss Polyester
- BODY SHAPE: Jazz Bass®
- BODY MATERIAL: Alder
- BRIDGE: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style with Threaded Steel Saddles
- BRIDGE MOUNTING: 5-Screw Vintage-Style
- PICKGUARD: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- PICKUP COVERS: Gold Foil Covers with Chrome Surrounds
- CONTROL KNOBS: Aged White "Witch Hat"
- HARDWARE FINISH: Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES: Vintage-Style "Lollipop"
- STRING TREES: Vintage-Style Disc
- STRINGS: Fender® 7250M Nickel Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- NECK PLATE: 4-Bolt with "F" Logo
- STRAP BUTTONS: Vintage-Style
- STYLE: 1 Single-Coil
- MIDDLE PICKUP: Gold Foil Single-Coil
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION: H
- CONTROLS: Master Volume, Master Tone
- SWITCHING: None
- GIG BAG: Deluxe Gig Bag included
- DIMENSIONS: 4.50x15.40x49.50 IN
Fender Downtown Express Bass Multi Effect Pedal
Fender Monogrammed Leather Guitar Strap (Black)
Fender Ball Glove Leather Strap Brown
Fender Professional Pedal Board with Bag, Large
Fender Professional Pedal Board with Bag, Medium
Fender Professional Pedal Board with Bag, Small
Fender Rumble 15 V3 Bass Combo
Fender Rumble 100 V3 Bass Combo