Fender Made In Japan Traditional '60s Jazzmaster, Olympic White
Fender Made In Japan Traditional '60s Jazzmaster
Fender’s Made In Japan models are high-quality electric guitars that are just as good as their American made counterparts. Made in Fender’s factories in Japan, expert luthiers use their experience to combine classic Fender designs with some updated specs for the modern player.
The Jazzmaster was first released by Fender in the late '50s and was aimed at the jazz crowd. It later became popular with surf and rock guitarists, who liked the punchy pickups, comprehensive switching and unique offset shape, which was unusual at the time.
The '60s Jazzmaster has a basswood body, durable maple neck with a comfortable ‘U’-shape profile, and a smooth rosewood fingerboard with 21 vintage size frets a 9.5” radius, making it faithful to the era and easier to play. It has a 6-saddle vintage-style adjustable bridge with a floating tremolo tailpiece which lets you add some smooth vibrato and unique accents, and is paired with vintage-style tuning machines to complete the vintage look.
For pickups, it has a pair of vintage-style single-coil Jazzmaster pickups that deliver a wide range of tones that are great for indie, grunge, and surf rock.
The Fender Made In Japan Traditional ‘60s Jazzmaster is completed with knurled dome control knobs, a tortoiseshell pickguard, nickel/chrome-plated hardware and has a gloss Olympic White finish.
- Body Basswood
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Jazzmaster®
- Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjustable with “Floating” Tremolo Tailpiece
- Configuration SS
- Control Knobs Aged White
- Controls Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Fingerboard Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size Vintage
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Pickup Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jazzmaster®
- Neck Shape "U" Shape
- Number of Frets 21
- Nut Material Bone
- Nut Width 1.615" (41.02 mm)
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Pickguard 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Position Inlays Pearl Dot
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Series Made in Japan Traditional
- String Nut Bone
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style