Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus (Honey Burst, Maple)
Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus Charcoal Transparent, Maple, Overview by GAK
Three Times the Tele Power, Modern Player guitars deliver thoroughly modern features and distinctively unconventional takes on revered Fender instruments. The Modern Player Telecaster Plus is that rarest of birds—a three-pickup Tele model, further distinguished by a pine body, Stratocaster middle pickup, powerful humbucking bridge pickup, special switching and more. One of the most individual and tonally versatile Telecaster models Fender has ever offered.
Featuring a Pine body, Modern Player single-coil Telecaster neck pickup, Modern Player Stratocaster middle pickup, Modern Player humbucking bridge pickup, Five-way pickup switch, Mini-toggle coil-split switch for bridge pickup, Vintage-style string-through-body Stratocaster hard-tail bridge.
Pine is an unusual choice for an electric guitar body, although it has historic precedent—some of the very earliest Fender electric guitars were fashioned from it. A plentiful softwood with an attractive tight grain, pine imparts a warm-sounding tone with a broadly even frequency response across lows, midrange and high end.
The Modern Player Telecaster Plus presents one of the more unusual and tonally versatile Telecaster pickup layouts, with not two but three—a Modern Player Telecaster neck pickup, a Modern Player Stratocaster middle pickup and a Modern Player humbucking bridge pickup.
In addition to its distinctive three-pickup HSS configuration, the Modern Player Telecaster Plus also has a mini-toggle coil-split switch between the two control knobs that selects one of the two coils of the Modern Player humbucking bridge pickup.
- Body Material: Pine
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Pickup Configuration: H/S/S
- Bridge Pickup: Modern Player Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
- Middle Pickup: Modern Player Strat® Pickup (Middle)
- Neck Pickup: Modern Player Tele® Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- -Position 3. Middle Pickup
- -Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- -Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: Vintage Style 6-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Hardtail Bridge
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Auxiliary Switching: Mini-Toggle Rear Coil Selector Switch
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome Dome