Fender Nile Rodgers Hitmaker Stratocaster, Olympic White
“You probably don’t know my name, but I bet you know at least one of my songs.” - Nile Rodgers. The legendary guitarist and producer’s signature sound and feel can be recognised across countless records, from Chic’s several hit songs to some of the biggest names of the 20th century.
It’s called a Hitmaker for a reason!
Selling over 500 million albums worldwide, Nile Rodgers has been shaping the music world through his songwriting, producing and guitar playing, having been a key part of numerous hits over the last 6 decades. The Fender Hitmaker Stratocaster pays tribute to the guitar that helped form the hits we know today. From Rodgers stumbling across the used 1960s Hardtail Fender Strat in Miami shop, to featuring on iconic songs like Chic’s "Le Freak, David Bowie’s “Let’s Dance”, Madonna’s “Like a Virgin” and Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky”, the original Hitmaker guitar has traversed pop music as we know it.
Time Accurate Construction
The Fender Artist Series Hitmaker Strat is crafted from a 60s-style solid Alder body, which has a well-rounded tone and emphasized upper-midrange. The shape of the Hitmaker Strat’s body is distinctly smaller and curvier than the usual vintage Strat, making it more comfortable to use during a long gig or rehearsal. The lightweight Alder body is paired with a custom '59-style one-piece Maple neck and a 9.5" radius Maple fretboard which impart a bright, zesty tone that cuts through a mix with ease. Whether you’re playing elegant leads or fluid funk rhythms like Mr. Rodgers himself, the Hitmaker’s neck will feel superb. Topping the Maple fingerboard are 21 medium jumbo frets, which really let you dig into your bends and vibrato.
The Fender Hitmaker Stratocaster is incredibly detailed when it comes to replicating Rodger’s sound. The custom-designed Single-Coil strat pickups are reminiscent of the distinct chime and bell-like clarity of the Hitmaker, whilst offering a lot of tonal versatility thanks to the 5-way switching and white speed knobs. Rock, Funk, Blues, Jazz - the Nile Rodgers Hitmaker Strat is as versatile as the man himself.
The Fender Hitmaker Strat is built with a hard-tail string-through bridge with period-correct bent-steel saddles and locking Sperzel tuners. The premium hardware and components ensure rock-solid performance and ultra-reliable tuning stability, no matter how hard you play or how long you play for.
Other visual appointments include the iconic Hitmaker logo on the neckplate, a “Nile Rodgers & Chic” logo on the back of the headstock and a stylish Olympic White lacquer inspired by the finish Nile sprayed on the guitar himself.
The Hitmaker Strat also comes with a vintage-style case with Hitmaker-embroidered interior and a custom certificate of authenticity.
Celebrating the man behind countless hits, this Nile Rodgers signature guitar is a fitting tribute to the music legend. It’s time to get your funk on with the Fender Nile Rodgers Hitmaker Stratocaster.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Fretboardboard Material: Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Headstock: Stratocaster
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish with Gloss Headstock Face
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: 1959 "C"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- String Nut: Bone
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Hitmaker Nile Rogers Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Middle Pickup: Hitmaker Nile Rogers RWRP Strat
- Neck Pickup: Hitmaker Nile Rogers Strat
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Potentiometers: CTS 250K
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat® Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Control Knobs: White Speed
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Plate: 4-bolt Serialized with Custom Hitmaker Logo
- Pickguard: 11-hole Chrome Plated Brass
- Pickup Covers: White
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- String TreesDual-Wing with Metal Spacers
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Switch Tip: White
- Tuning Machines: Sperzel Locking