Fender Parallel Universe II Maverick Dorado Ebony Fingerboard, Ultraburst
Fender Parallel Universe II Maverick Dorado Overview.
After the great success of the Parallel Universe Series, Fender have Returned with the classy but quirky Parallel Universe II for 2020. Pushing the boundaries once again we have some amazing new models such as the Fender Parallel Universe II Troublemaker Tele Custom available in Olympic White with 2 Pickups or in Black with 3 Pickups and a Bigsby, the Fender Parallel Universe II Tele Magico in Transparent Daphne Blue or Transparent Surf Green designed by renowned masterbuilder Ron Thorn and the '60s inspired Fender Parallel Universe II Maverick Dorado to name a few. We think these look great and will certainly stand out from the crowd.
One of the most outlandish models offered by Fender® over the years, the Maverick – also known as the Custom – may just be the boldest of them all. Comprised of leftover 12-string necks, bodies and pickups transformed into a very unique 6-string. It was like nothing else on the market, with a kind of misfit glamour that made it greater than the sum of its parts. Whether you loved it or not, playing a Maverick was a statement.
Inspired by the bravado of that original model, the Maverick Dorado kicks up the swagger with a pair of Tim Shaw designed Filter’Tron™ style humbucking pickups, a Bigsby® vibrato and dark ebony fingerboard. Available in Mystic Pine Green, Ultraburst and Firemist Gold, you’re sure to cause a sensation with your Maverick Dorado.
Fender Parallel Universe II Maverick Dorado Specs:
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Maverick
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s C
- Scale Length: 24.75 (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5 (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685 (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Bridge Pickup: Tim Shaw-Designed Pickup with Filter’Tron Cover
- Middle Pickup:
- Neck Pickup: Tim Shaw-Designed Pickup with Filter’Tron Cover
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuners: Deluxe Cast/Sealed with Pearl Buttons
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)