Fender Pro Junior IV 15W 1x10 Combo
Fender Pro Junior IV Overview by GAK
Long-revered by players of all stripes, the 15-watt Pro Junior IV adds a modi ed volume circuit and a classic tweed appearance to this workhorse ampli er. A compact and straightforward tone machine, this amp is ideal for performing guitarists who need great tone and remarkably touch-sensitive dynamic response.
The Pro Junior IV includes a 10” Jensen® P10R speaker for tight, well-balanced output with plenty of high-end sparkle. The modi ed volume circuit breaks up more gradually, allowing precise gain adjustment to make tones that range from immaculately clean to devilishly mean, and offering tighter bass with improved definition when overdriven.
The stage-ready style features a lacquered tweed covering, vintage-style ‘50s grille cloth, chrome control panel with red jewel light and a leather handle, giving it the unmistakable look and vibe of a classic Fender amp. Reliable, exible and pedal-friendly, the Pro Junior IV is an ideal addition to any electric guitarist’s amp collection.
- Wattage: 15 Watts
- Inputs: one
- Extension Speaker Jack: External Speaker Jack
- Channels: One Channel
- Rectifier: Solid State Rectifier
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red Amp Jewel
- Handle: "Dog Bone" Handle
- Front Panel: Black Front Panel
- Grill Cover Cloth: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Blackface Style Black/Silver Grille Cloth
- Input Impedance: 1 M Input Impedance
- Output Impedance: 8 ohm
- Sensitivity: 10mV for full power, Tone and Volume = 12
- Amplifier Length: 8.75" (22.22 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 15.25" (38.73 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 14.5" (36.83 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 20 lbs (9.07 kg)
- Speaker: 1-10" Special Design Eminence® 8 ohm, 30 watt Speaker
- Pre Amp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 2 x EL84
- Unique Features:
- -Black Panel
- -Vintage Pointer Knobs
- Knobs: Chicken head-style amp knobs
- Cover: Optional Amp Cover Available - PN 005-4913-000
Really nice simple amp, that v bright Fender sound you’ll hopefully be expecting. Seems to take pedals very well & is very touch sensitive. There’s a bit of argument as to if this constitutes a viable “home amp”. If using at home worth considering volume as there’s no gain control - on a dial that goes to 12: 3 will upset your housemates/spouse and 5/6 (which is about where you get some nice distortion) will get the neighbours round. Worth getting a decent OD pedal if you want to try driving it at lower volumes
great amp, got great price from GAK, not a normal Fender sound at all, stock valves tested well. Only fault is that it's a bit bright, running in speaker and valves may help.
Its very different to my other Fender amp - a Tweed Princeton with 12" speaker. Still 15w but this just has volume and tone - and is light enough to take to practice and jams no trouble. For what I play, an addition of a reverb pedal combines well and makes the amp as versatile as I need. Great !! enjoying the Fender valve sound in a different way to usual.
For the money this amp is quality , Only a tone an volume control keeps things nice an simple , breaks up nicely as you crank the volume and it's loud ! I play a USA standard strat through it an it responds well through all the pickups , I own a ac30c2 an a vintage 50 watt Marshall so not new to valve amps , and the pro junior weighs a whole 20lbs