Fender Sonoran SCE Upgraded (Lake Placid Blue)
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
Fender Sonoran SCE Upgraded Overview by GAK
Our Sonoran SCE is decked out for even more sun-and-fun acoustic action, upgraded with a three-ply pickguard, bone nut and bridge saddle, and vintage-style Fender "Viking" bridge. It-s perfect for those who dig vintage styling and seek to ride the wave of Fender-s classic Southern California history and vibe. Other premium features include a "tight" dreadnought cutaway body shape, resonant solid spruce top with scalloped X bracing, mahogany back and sides, stylish checkerboard rosette, body binding, vintage C-shaped maple neck with dual-action truss rod and matching painted Stratocaster headstock shape, 20-fret rosewood fingerboard, rosewood bridge with compensated saddle, forward strap button with internal block reinforcement, gloss neck and body finish, and Fishman Isys III pickup system with active onboard preamp and tuner.
FUN IN THE SUN - For musicians who want to have a look of their own that mirrors the carefree vibe of Southern California, the Sonoran™ SCE is an acoustic-electric dreadnought overflowing with cool. Available in several fun and festive finishes, it delivers rich tone from a solid spruce top with scalloped "X"-bracing for outstanding volume and projection, and high-quality onboard electronics when you want to plug in and jam. Right at home in any kind of music, the Sonoran SCE will perfectly complement your personal style.
Dreadnought cutaway body style
Fishman® Isys™ III pickup system with active preamp, tuner, volume and tone controls
Solid spruce top with quartersawn scalloped “X”-bracing, mahogany back and sides
Maple neck with “C”-shaped profile and matching headstock
20-fret rosewood fingerboard with bone nut
Rosewood bridge with compensated bone saddle
FISHMAN® PREAMP WITH BUILT-IN TUNER
A Fishman® pickup/preamp system gives your acoustic instrument peerless amplified performance, with a variety of onboard controls and no compromise whatsoever on pure, rich and resonant acoustic tone. The built-in tuner is conveniently placed right where you can see it, helping to keep your intonation right on the money.
Scalloped bracing is thinner than more conventional bracing. That means that the bracing pattern inside the guitar uses less wood, which means that soundboard mass is reduced. This lets the top resonate more freely, resulting in better tone with more nuance and greater projection.
BONE NUT AND SADDLE
String nuts and bridge saddles fashioned from bone contribute to brighter, clearer acoustic tone. Many players consider them more "organic" sounding, with tonal quality unmatched by string nuts and bridge saddles made using synthetic materials.
FENDER COATED STRINGS
Simply put, coated strings sound better and last longer. Your strings are where the rubber meets the road, so to speak, and they’re continually exposed to dirt, grime, the vagaries of climate and oxidation, and more. Fender coated strings resist all of this tone-deadening unpleasantness with marvelously smooth feel, improved resistance to corrosion and longer life.
MAPLE STRAT® NECK WITH "C" PROFILE
A Fender specialty. A maple Stratocaster neck with a "C" profile gives you the timeless and remarkably comfortable fretting-hand feel of one of the world’s greatest electric instruments on your acoustic guitar. For great acoustic sound and performance with great electric-guitar feel, there’s nothing better.
An acoustic guitar with a solid top literally resonates with a more individual tonal character, more "organic" consistency and a more "true" voice.
- Body: Solid Spruce Top, Laminated Mahogany Back and Sides
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Body Back: Laminated Mahogany Back
- Body Sides: Laminated Mahogany Sides
- Body Top: Solid Spruce Top
- Body Finish: (0968604002, 0968604005, 0968604009, 0968604021, 0968605021) Gloss
- Bracing: Scalloped X Bracing
- Rosette: Checkerboard Rosette
- Body Width: 3.75" (Front) to 4.75" (Rear)
- Body Binding: Multiple Body Bindings
- Number of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Dot Position Markers
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Special Electronics: Fishman® Isys III System with Active On-Board Pre-Amp and Tuner
- Controls: Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble, Low Battery Indicator Light
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Rosewood with Compensated Bone Saddle
- String Nut: Bone
- Strings: Fender® Dura-Tone® Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge)
- Unique Features: Fender® Stratocaster® Headstock Shape, Matching Painted Headstock, Fender Tight Dreadnought Body Shape, Dual Action Truss Rod, "Viking" Fender Bridge, Factory Mounted Forward Strap Button with Internal Block Reinforcement, White Dot Inlays, Checkerboard Rosette, Vintage "C" Shaped Neck, Multiple Body Bindings, Bone Nut and Saddle