Fender Standard Jazz Bass (Black, Maple)
Fender Standard Jazz Bass (Black, Maple) overview from GAK
Since its birth in 1960, the Fender Jazz Bass guitar has become somewhat of a legendary guitar, setting the precedent there on out for its rich tone and musical versatility. The Jazz Bass is an extraordinary piece of Fender heritage and a fantastic sounding guitar, used in all musical genres by countless professional bassists across the globe, the Jazz Bass combines the best of old and new, with modern single-coil pickups, shielded body cavities, medium jumbo frets, vintage-style bridge, tinted neck with rosewood or maple fretboard, three-ply parchment pickguard and 70s-style headstock logo.
The Standard Jazz Bass features an offset waist alder body that gives it plenty of resonance and a wonderful tone but keeps it very light-weight, making it perfect for long gigs and practice sessions. The additional shielded body cavity also ensures a low-noise performance.
The Standard Jazz Bass is fitted with a modern 'C' shape blonde maple neck, the trademark look of the Fender's neck meets comfort and playability in a neck designed with a smooth back finish, great for players who position their thumb on the side or back of the neck.
The Standard Jazz Bass features Fender Standard single-coil Jazz Bass pickups and a vintage style bridge, the pickups provide the classic deep growl and clear high end synonymous with the Fender sound. The Standard Jazz Bass sounds powerful, clean and tonally rich right from the off.
The Fender Standard Jazz Bass encompasses everything about Fenders heritage and quality in a bass guitar that sets the bar for all basses in its price range.
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot Position Inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood or Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish:
- -Rosewood Fingerboard: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Headstock Front with Buffed Fingerboard
- -Maple Fingerboard: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Neck Plate: Standard 4 Bolt
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Jazz Bass® Single-Coil Pickup
- Neck Pickup: Standard Jazz Bass® Single-Coil Pickup
- -Volume 1. (Neck Pickup)
- -Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- -Master Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Standard Vintage 4 Saddle Bass
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Truss Rod Wrench: 3/16" "T-Style" Ball-End Hex (Allen) Wrench
- Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench: 1/16" Hex (Allen) Wrench
- Strings: Fender® USA Super Bass 7250ML, NPS, (.045, .065, .080, .100 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Upgraded Pickups and Vintage Style Jazz Bass Control Knobs, Fender Transition Logo
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic Knobs