Fender The Edge Strat Black
Fender The Edge Strat Black Overview by GAK
Enthralling millions worldwide with his acclaimed textural guitar work'as well as his knack for writing catchy riffs and hooks'U2 guitarist, The Edge, relies on his trusty Strat® guitar to sculpt his unique sound. Designed in close collaboration with Fender®, The Edge Strat is his new constant companion, replacing his favoured vintage Fender instruments on stage in arenas around the world.
An innovatively supercharged instrument, the Edge Strat is engineered for top-notch performance with versatile tone and effortless playing feel. A pair of special Custom Shop Fat '50s single-coil pickups with flat-staggered polepieces for personalized string response sits in the neck and middle position, cranking out versatile tone with enhanced bass response. A powerful DiMarzio® FS-1TM pickup inhabits the bridge position for added tonal balance, smoothing out the guitar's response and boosting the output for arena-sized sound with clear articulation.
The strong, stable quartersawn maple neck generates a slightly brighter tone while the sleek contoured neck heel and comfortable 9.5" fingerboard are ideal for most playing styles, supporting low end chords and riffing along with chiming upper-register chords and leads with ease. Enjoy increased sustain from the modern two-point synchronized tremolo bridge with pop-in arm and fully adjustable block saddles for pinpoint intonation accuracy.
An elegant guitar for a refined player, this guitar combines the classic curves, appointments and effortless playability of classic Strat guitars with modern enhancements and materials to create a player's dream instrument'a flexible music machine with timeless Fender style and authentic sound. Don't delay, add The Edge Strat to your sonic toolbox. Includes a special black and grey tweed hardshell case.
- Series: Artist
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple, Modern "C"
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane finish on back, Gloss Urethane on Front
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple, 9.5" (241 mm) Radius
- Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking (all short posts)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Bridge: 2-Point Deluxe Synchronized Tremolo with Pop-In Arm
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Pickups: DiMarzio® FS-1TM (Bridge), Custom Stagger Fat '50s (Middle and Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- -Position 3. Middle Pickup
- -Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- -Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Black Tweed Hardshell