Fender Vintera '50s Telecaster Modified, Maple Neck, Butterscotch Blonde
Fender Vintera '50s Mod Telecaster, Maple Neck, Butterscotch Blonde Overview.
The brand new Vintera series from Fender is here to replace the Classic and Classic Player series with a fresh look at the demands of todays musicians. New body shapes, new colours, new pickups designed by Tim Shaw, more authentic neck profiles and an improved entry point into the vintage-inspired instruments that Fender have to offer, Vintage style for the Modern era!
For players who appreciate the mojo of the past matched to modern features, we created the Vintera ‘50s Telecaster Modified. Blending classic looks with a modern neck profile and fingerboard radius, hotter pickups and updated electronics—this guitar packs a surprising amount of power under the hood.
For modern Fender tone we included a pair of Custom Shop pickups, kicking things up a bit with a vintage-style bridge pickup and fat-sounding Twisted Tele neck pickup. Twangy and articulate, they have the crisp, snarling sound that put Fender on the musical map. For modern playing feel, we added 21 vintage-style frets to the 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard that sits atop the “Modern C”-shaped neck. A vintage-style Tele® bridge with three brass saddles gives this Telecaster it’s characteristic twang, while 4-way switching and the S1™ switch give you even more tonal variety. Series wiring makes this Tele sound fat, like a humbucking pickup, while the S1 switch places the pickups out of phase with each other for a cool “strangled” tone. Other features include Other features include vintage-style strap buttons, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes deluxe gig bag.
• Custom Shop pickups, thick soft V neck profile, 9.5” radius, 4-way switch, S-1 phase switch, medium jumbo frets.
• Surf Green & Daphne Blue over an alder body and Butterscotch Blonde over an ash body.
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape Thick Soft "V"
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Frets Size Medium Jumbo
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dots
- Truss Rods Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup Custom Shop Vintage-Style Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup Custom Shop "Twisted" Single-Coil Tele®
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Bridge 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Chrome Barrel Saddles
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style
- Pickguard 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
Item arrived in perfect condition and set up/tuned straight out of the box. Really impressed with the pickups and the neck is one of the best ive played on a sub £1k guitar.