Fender Vintera '70s Jazz Bass, Pau Ferro, Aged Natural
Fender Vintera '70s Jazz Bass, Pau Ferro, Aged Natural Overview.
The brand new Vintera series from Fender is here to replace the Classic and Classic Player series with a fresh look at the demands of todays musicians. New body shapes, new colours, new pickups designed by Tim Shaw, more authentic neck profiles and an improved entry point into the vintage-inspired instruments that Fender have to offer, Vintage style for the Modern era!
For players who want the style and sound of the Fender’s golden era, we created the Vintera ‘70s Jazz Bass. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade—including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with re-voiced pickups—this bass has all the growl that made the J Bass® famous.
For authentic tone we re-voiced the pair of single-coil Jazz Bass pickups to sound more like the originals. Gritty and growling, they have the tone that made the J Bass popular. The “‘70s C”-shaped neck has a 7.25”-radius bound fingerboard with pearloid block inlays and 20 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style, 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles and ‘70s vintage-style stamped open-gear tuning machines offer original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include 34” scale length, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.
• Newly voiced pickups, 70’s C neck profile, 7.25” radius, bound neck with block inlays, 70’s stamped tuners, vintage style hardware.
• Inca Silver & 3 Tone Sunburst over an alder body and Aged Natural over an ash body.
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape Thin "C"
- Scale Length 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets 20
- Frets Size Vintage
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays White Pearloid Block
- Truss Rods Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Neck Pickup Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching None
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Bridge 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Fender® '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear
- Pickguard 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Strings Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)