Ferrofish A32 AD/DA Converter
Ferrofish A32 AD/DA Converter with ADAT and MADI
The A32 is packed with analog and digital interfaces. In addition to the 32×32 balanced studio-quality analog inputs and outputs up to 192kHz, the A32 offers both ADAT and MADI – probably the most widely used digital audio interfaces available. In addition to the optical MADI I/O, another coaxial MADI interface is also added. Different modes allow redundant operation of both interfaces: If one fails, the other one is activated automatically. Speaking of redundancy: If desired, two power supplies can be connected to the device. All power supplies and interfaces are permanently monitored: In the event of a failure, an error message is output on the TFT screens.
Packed into a compact 1HU, the highly integrated converter is equipped with 32 x 32 balanced analog channels, brought out on 8 D-SUB connectors. They deliver studio levels up to +20dBu, individually adjustable in 1dB steps.
The sophisticated design, using low latency Cirrus Logic converters, accompanied with a temperature-compensated clock and jitter reduction PLL, guarantees best crystal clear sound up to 192kHz. The A32 is not just a converter, but thanks to its flexibility, using a sophisticated routing matrix, it is also a digital format converter for integrating the MADI and ADAT equipment.
Even operation of the A32 is done without any compromise, almost self explaining, as with all our products: A total of four TFT screens show the levels of all 64 channels, it can’t be done better. Controlling the unit also benefits from the screens: a sophisticated help system built into the device provides context-sensitive help for the selected function at all times. Control on the PC is of course also possible via USB, MIDI or MIDI over MADI.
The headphone can be connected to any analog or digital input or output: ideal for control or monitoring. For complex tasks, a mix especially for the headphones can be created using all available channels, and stored in up to seven mix presets.
- 8 analog channels on each D-Sub25
- TASCAM pin-format, max 192kHz
- Gain/Levels: -8dBu…+20 dBu (1dB steps)
- The optical I/O features a Multimode Fiber SC connector.
- A Singlemode version is available.
- The BNC I/O is redundant to the optical MADI I/O and allows cable lengths of up to 100 m.
- Each ADAT port transfers eight channels at a sample rate of 48kHz (= 32 In + 32 Out). ADAT port 4 is switchable to optical S/PDIF format.
- For firmware updates, plugin installation and remote control from a host computer. The A32 appears as a MIDI device.
- Monitoring of every stereo/mono I/O or one of 7 sub mixes via an additional stereo DAC.
- BNC with 75 Ohm internal termination. On/Off via display.
- For Remote Control and MIDI-over-MADI
- Ground-loop free, coaxial DC connector with secure, stable and reliable screw-lock. One PSU is included.
No upgrades available