Focal Alpha 50 EVO Active Studio Monitor
Overview by GAK
Focal’s Alpha EVO 50 gives you the professional-grade quality of sound that you associate with Focal at a price that is astounding value-for-money. With a host of fantastic upgrades across the board, Focal have made their acclaimed Alpha series better than ever.
The Alpha EVO 50 is a nearfield active studio monitor that delivers pro-grade fidelity and a balanced sound at an affordable price.
Balanced & Professional Sound
The Alpha EVO 50 utilises a unique 5" (13cm) Slatefiber cone woofer, which generates an impressive frequency response of 45 Hz to 22 kHz, and utilises a bi-amped system with powerful Class-D amplifiers. The more compact size is well-suited to smaller studio spaces and the lighter weight makes it easier to transport.
If you record or mix in a larger room or demand greater low-frequency response, the EVO 65 is the one to go for.
For the price, the Focal Alpha range was hard to beat. Now packing a host of upgraded features and an improved design, Focal have made the Alpha EVO 50 one of the best studio monitors for your money. If you’re in the market for a pro-grade monitor at a price that won’t break the bank, the Focal Alpha EVO 50 should be on your list.
- Stirling dynamic range
- Wide dispersion of sound throughout listening spaces
- Unique Slatefiber cone specially developed by Focal
- Neutral sound along with extremely low distortion
- Tonal balance matched at both low and high volumes
- Connect simultaneous audio sources
- Ships with removable protective grilles
- Wall-mountable (adaptors sold separately)
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 22kHz
- Max SPL: 101dB SPL (peak @393/8" (1m))
- Low Frequency: 30W (music), class D
- High Frequency: 20W (music), class D
- Sensitivity: 0 / +6dB (adjustable)
- Balanced Input: TRS / XLR
- Unbalanced Input: RCA
- Voltage: 100 - 240V
- Standby: < 0.5W
- Woofer: 5" slatefibre cone
- Tweeter: 1" aluminium inverted dome
- Dimensions: 310 x 228 x 239mm
- Weight: 5.95kg