Focal Alpha 65 EVO Active Studio Monitor
Overview by GAK
The Alpha EVO 65 is an evolution of Focal’s immensely popular Alpha range, which were already one of the best studio monitors for the price out there. Featuring a revitalisied, refreshed design and a professional quality of sound, these fantastic monitors are worth your attention.
Focal’s Alpha EVO 65 is a nearfield active studio monitor and boasts the widest frequency response in the range. The detailed, dynamic and balanced sound of its predecessor has been improved upon whilst retaining its unbelievable value for money.
Balanced & Professional Sound
Focal’s Alpha EVO 60 features a specially-designed 6.5" (16.5cm) Slatefiber cone woofer, delivering a stunning frequency response of 40 Hz to 22 kHz, and utilises a bi-amped system with impressive Class-D amplifiers. The Alpha EVO 65’s potent bass response allows you to make informed decisions about your mix’s low-end without the need for a subwoofer. Plus, its greater size lends itself well to larger studio environments where you can really push the output.
The Alpha EVO 50 is also available as a more affordable, compact and lighter alternative.
We highly recommend the Focal Alpha EVO 65 if you’re in the market for professional-level sound quality that is outstanding value for money. This active monitor excels in a huge range of recording and mixing applications, enabling your music to sound its best.
- Wide dispersion enabling consistency throughout listening space
- 6.5" driver with Slatefiber low distortion neutral cone
- Tonal balance equalised between differing volume levels
- Remarkable dynamic range
- Serves 3 audio sources simultaneously
- Inserts for wall / ceiling mounting
- Includes protective driver grilles
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 22kHz
- Max SPL: 104dB SPL (peak @ 39+3/8" (1m))
- Low Frequency: 55W (music), class D
- High Frequency: 25W (music), class D
- Sensitivity: 0 / +6dB (adjustable)
- Balanced Input: TRS / XLR
- Unbalanced Input: RCA
- Voltage: 100 - 240V
- Standby: < 0.5W
- Woofer: 6.5" Slatefiber cone
- Tweeter: 1" aluminium inverted dome
- Dimensions: 339 x 261 x 289mm
- Weight: 7.6kg