Focal Solo 6 ST6 Active Studio Monitor, Single Overview
Made in France, Solo6 is a 2-way monitor offering unrivalled transparency, definition control, dynamics and soundstage precision.
Thanks to its full-range Focus Mode, Solo6 forms two monitors in one, preserving the sweet spot during the mix, saving space on the console and simplifying cabling and monitor changes.
In terms of technologies and performance, Solo6 boasts an inverted dome Beryllium tweeter with an ‘M’-shaped protective grille, and a woofer with a ‘W’-shaped cone, as well as a frequency range of up to 10 kHz, specially designed for the Focus Mode. All this on top of Focal’s patented Tuned Mass Damper (TMD) technology, which reduces distortion in the 1kHz – 3kHz frequency range by 50%, as well as a high-pass crossover, a disengageable automatic standby mode and a 160Hz crossover for reflections from consoles – making Solo6 an industry-leading monitor.
Finally, to enjoy immersive listening experiences with Dolby Atmos® and Sony 360RA® installations, Solo6 includes inserts for attaching it to the wall and ceiling.
• Beryllium inverted dome tweeter: very low directionality, excellent linearity and dynamics
• Optimised baffle tweeter: excellent dispersion control
• Composite sandwich ‘W’-cone: sound neutrality, no distortion
• Focus mode: two monitors in one; 2-way monitor and 1-way full-range monitor (woofer alone)
• Large laminar port: no port noises or distortion
• Automatic disengageable stand-by mode
• Settings: activatable/deactivatable, LF shelving, HF shelving, LPF @ 160Hz
• Frequency response (@ -3dB) 40Hz - 40kHz
• Focus mode 110Hz - 10kHz