Focal Sub6 Professional Subwoofer
The Focal Sub6 is a professional active subwoofer designed for high-quality monitoring systems, ideally paired with the Focal Solo6 Be and Twin6 Be. It features one 350W RMS built-in amplifier (BASH technology) with an 11" driver and "W" sandwich composite cone, loaded by a large section laminar port. This configuration ensures bass linearity whatever the SPL.
Whether you're running a surround system with an LFE channel or in need of bass accompaniment for your stereo (2.1 or 2.2) setup, the Sub6 has you covered. Designed for optimal acoustic grouping with high-quality monitoring systems, this sub offers additional features for extra customization, such as stereo high pass-filter (75 or 100Hz) for the left and right satellites, a low pass filter (adjustable) with mono summation, phase inversion, phase fine-tuning, mute switch, 2.1 bypass with a footswitch remote control (not included), as well as a wiring panel rich in possibilities.
For over 15 years, Focal has passionately developed their technology of composite sandwich cones. Focals superb fine-tuning of mass, rigidity and damping parameters is a result of their "W" process (Glass/Foam/Glass) also used on the SM11, SM8 and SM6 lines. The balance between these 3 core parameters is the basis of the outstanding sound neutrality of Focal speakers and heavily contributes to their true optimization of the frequency response.
Equipped with a high excursion system, this 27cm Focal speaker enables extended and accurate reproduction of the bass register. The 66mm diameter and 32mm height voice coil guarantee the perfect mechanical coupling and a total control of the driver even at louder volumes. The magnetic construction made of double ferrite and large field and back plates offers high symmetrical magnetic field to keep dynamics even at very low frequency.
Focals use of BASH technology, as seen in the SM6 range, offers the best of class AB style circuits (for exceptional quality) with a class D type yield. This is essential when casing a 150W RMS circuit in a small space (300W RMS for the Twin6 Be and 350W RMS for the Sub6).
- -Frequency response - 30Hz - 250Hz
- -Maximum SPL - 116dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Electronic section:
- -Inputs Type / Impedance - Right, left, LFE Electronically balanced / 10 kOhm
- -Connector - XLR 3 points socket
- -Sensitivity - Adjustable
- Outputs (towards satellites):
- -Type/Impedance - Right, left Electronically balanced / 50 Ohms
- -Connector - XLR 3 points plug
- -350W rms, BASH ® technology
- Signal internal treatment and functions:
- -Subwoofer section:
- -Mono right/left summation LFE + mono low-pass 24dB / octave
- -Phase adjustment
- -Polarity selection switch
- -Switch high-pass lter, cut-off frequency selection
- -Satellite section - 24dB / octave
- -Adjustable subwoofer level
- -Low-pass cut-off frequency setting Phase adjustment
- -Polarity adjustment
- -Subwoofer switch (mute)
- -2.1 “Bypass” (external remote control) High-pass frequency selection Releasable high-pass
- Visualization (LED):
- -Power On
- -Subwoofer switch(mute) Released high-pass
- Power supply:
- -Local supply - 230V (1.6A fuse) or 115V (3.15A fuse)
- -Connection - Removable CEI supply wire