Focusrite Clarett 8Pre Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre Thunderbolt Audio Interface Overview by GAK
The Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre is an Audio Interface packed full of the latest Thunderbolt technology and offers very impressive speed and high-audio quality with an incredibly low-latency of less than 1ms! Another great feature of the Focusrite Clarett 8 is the Clarett microphone preamps, these replicate the impedance and transformer resonance of the classic ISAs. Rack-mountable and professional, the Focusrite Clarett 8 provides exceptional clarity when recording and would be a great addition to anyones studio setup.
Thunderbolt Cable Sold Separately.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Designed for the project studio that needs plenty of I/O, Focusrite's 18-in, 20-out Clarett 8Pre combines eight newly-designed Clarett mic preamps with class-leading digital conversion and extraordinarily low round-trip latency - so low that you can use DAW plugins while monitoring a performance that's being recorded.
- The new Clarett mic pre offers superbly low noise and distortion, plus the switchable "Air" effect that models the sound of Focusrite's renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. Instrument inputs offer extended headroom to suit the loudest guitar pickup, while gain controls employ a special law that makes changes smoother and more precise.
- For easy access even when rack mounted, the compact (1U) Clarett 8Pre includes dual mic/line/instrument inputs on the front panel. Also on the front panel are two independently-controlled headphone outputs with enough level to drive even high impedance headphones to provide suitable monitoring levels.
- The Clarett 8Pre, like the rest of the Clarett range, includes class-leading precision Focusrite digital audio conversion with up to 118dB (A/D) / 119dB (D/A) dynamic range, and combines it with an astonishingly low round-trip latency - making it possible to monitor recordings via effects plugins in the DAW such as reverberation, for the best possible recording experience.
- The metering and monitoring panel provides ten 6-segment LED meters covering analogue and digital inputs and monitor levels, with a monitor level control knob plus mute and dim buttons.
- Word Clock output is provided, allowing the Clarett 8Pre to provide the master clock for the system.
- A new software mixer, Focusrite Control, is included for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
- There's never been a better, faster or easier way of getting audio into or out of a DAW.
- Eight New Clarett Mic Pres with extra 'Air' - The mic pres have been designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. In addition, they feature a special "Air" feature that switches in an analogue model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre. Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
- Use DAW plugins in real time - With leading-edge round-trip audio latency over Thunderbolt, you can record and monitor with the plug-ins in your DAW, in real time.
- Precision digital conversion - Clarett features Focusrite's class-leading conversion quality: with up to 119dB dynamic range, Clarett offers the cleanest way yet to get music in and out of your DAW.
- Full I/O complement - 18 audio inputs and 20 outputs within a 1U rack space, including eight analogue inputs, 10 analogue outputs, stereo SPDIF I/O and eight channels of ADAT I/O. The additional ADAT output is ideal for sending audio to an external D/A for line output expansion, while the input can be used, for example, to bring in eight additional digital mic pre channels for maximum flexibility.
- Easy Access - Two mic/line/instrument inputs are provided on the front panel for easy access even when rack mounted, the remaining connections being accessed via the rear panel.
- Accessible metering and monitoring - The monitor panel provides analogue and digital input levels, and main monitor outputs, via a 6-segment, multichannel LED meter. Monitor features include a level control, plus dim and mute buttons.
- Dual high-power headphone outputs - Two wide dynamic range headphone outputs are provided, powerful enough to deliver plenty of level even on high impedance headphones - perfect for tracking and mixing.
- Software Mixer for maximum control - Focusrite Control is a brand new software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control also allows immediate access to internal hardware functions.
- Classic processor plugins included - Every Clarett includes the Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
- Digital sync on-board - Includes Word Clock In, enabling it to sync to word clock from any external digital device.
- 18 In / 20 Out
- Independent word clock output on BNC
- Detailed hardware metering for inputs and main monitor outputs
- A wealth of connectivity in a 1U rack space
- New Clarett preamps model the classic ISA design
- Best in class dynamic range: 116dB A/D and 118dB D/A
- Latest Thunderbolt technology ensures interface latency of under 1ms
- 24bit, 192kHz sample rates
- Expandable via ADAT
- Detailed metering
- Includes MIDI I/O