Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB Audio Interface
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB Audio Interface
Overview from Focusrite
Clarett 8Pre USB 18-in, 20-out audio interface
Superior analogue to digital converters, ultra-low noise Clarett mic preamplifiers, and data transfer rates at the top of its class. The Focusrite Clarett 8Pre is a premium USB audio interface with 8 mic preamps. An ultra-low latency hi-resolution audio interface available in iterations to suit any users needs all starting at an eminently accessible price point. USB and USB C cables provided so you can get going adaptor free straight out of the box regardless of your connectivity. Add to that a rather impressive software bundle including offerings from Focusrite, XLN Audio, Softube, Ableton and content from Loopmasters and you have a product that is impossible to ignore if you are in the market for a new audio interface.
Clarett USB lays down the challenge to interfaces twice the price. The Clarett USB range features specially designed high performance, low-noise (-128dB EIN) mic pres with a low distortion,
Clarett 8Pre USB is an 18-in, 20-out audio interface. Six-segment LED metering easily shows the signal level of the eight mic/line inputs, two of which are also high-impedance instrument inputs that can record super-hot pickups with no unwanted distortion. MIDI I/O and S/PDIF I/O are also included. ADAT I/O allows you to expand your setup with up to eight extra inputs and outputs when combined with multi-channel mic preamps like Clarett OctoPre. Analogue outs include two monitor outputs with anti-thump technology, eight line outputs, two headphone outputs with volume controls, and a word clock output for sending clock signal to external devices.
The eight Air-enabled mic preamps can reproduce the input impedance, clarity and frequency response curve of Focusrite's original ISA mic preamp. Clarett 8Pre USB connects to Mac® or PC using the included standard USB and USB Type-C™ cables. Record with super-low latency through amp simulators and effects plug-ins.
Configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® with user-friendly control software Focusrite Control. The additional included software is from XLN Audio, Focusrite, Softube, Ableton® and Loopmasters.
- Ultra-low noise (-128dB EIN) Clarett mic preamps, ultra-low distortion and up to 118dB dynamic range
- The eight Air-enabled mic preamps can reproduce the sound of the Air feature from Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp
- Supports any Mac® or PC with USB 2.0 and above
- 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion for the ideal signal path
- Connects to Mac® or PC using the included standard USB and USB Type-C™ cables
- Two front-panel mic/line/instrument inputs
- Six mic/line inputs
- Six-segment LED metering easily shows the signal level
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF I/O
- ADAT I/O
- Two monitor outputs with anti-thump technology
- Eight additional line outputs
- Two headphone outputs with volume controls
- Dim and mute monitor controls
- Word clock output for sending clock signal to external equipment
- Record with super-low latency through amp simulators and effects plug-ins
- Focusrite Control: a user-friendly control software which enables you to configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®
- XLN Audio – Addictive Keys: one of four inspiring and interesting keyboard instruments
- Focusrite – Red Plug-in Suite: accurately models Focusrite's classic Red 2 equaliser and Red 3 compressor
- Softube – Time and Tone Bundle: four of Softube's world-class reverb, delay, mastering and distortion plug-ins
- Focusrite – Plug-in Collective: exclusive offers, tutorial content and more, from some of the most innovative and prestigious plug-in companies
- Ableton® – Live Lite™: a customised version of the music-making software Ableton® Live™
- Loopmasters: 2GB of royalty-free sample libraries
- Focusrite Control
- Clarett 8Pre USB
- 2 x USB Cable to support standard USB connector and USB Type C connector
- Power Supply
- Supported Sample Rates, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz
- Microphone Inputs, Frequency Response 20 Hz - 35 kHz ± 0.5dB Min Gain Dynamic Range >119 dB THD+N <0.001 % Noise EIN <-129 dB A-weighted Maximum input level +18 dBu at minimum gain Gain Range +57 dB
- Line inputs, Frequency Response 20 Hz - 35 kHz ± 0.5dB Min Gain Dynamic Range 118 dB THD+N 0.001 % Maximum input level +26 dBu at minimum gain Gain Range +57 dB
- Instrument Inputs, Frequency Response 20 Hz - 35 kHz ± 0.5dB Min Gain Dynamic Range 117 dB THD+N 0.001 % Maximum input level +14 dBu at minimum gain Gain Range +57 dB
- Line and monitor outputs, Dynamic Range Outputs (1-2) 118 dB Maximum Output Level (0 dBFS) Balanced Line/TRS Outputs +18 dBu at minimum gain THD+N Outputs (1-2) 0.0007 %
- Headphone outputs, Dynamic Range >115 dB (A-Weighted) THD+N 0.0009 % Maximum Output Level 15 dBu
No upgrades available
Well built with great quality pre amps. Excellent sound.
Everything works well straight out of the box.Software bundle is extensive. This will be the heart of my new home studio.
So far, so good! Clarity (pardon the pun) is ace. Not got into functionality quite so much yet, but software downloads etc. have been relatively straightforward. Tidy! :-)