Focusrite Clarett OctoPre Microphone Preamp
Focusrite Product Overview
8-channel 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A with eight Microphone Preamplifiers and eight analogue line outputs. Great-sounding Clarett mic preamps include Focusrite's switchable 'Air' effect, giving microphones the air and clarity of an ISA transformer-based mic preamp. With two front-panel instrument inputs and outstanding dynamic range, Clarett OctoPre includes eight line outputs that can be fed from the D-As or from the mic pres. Ideal for extending the capabilities of a Clarett interface - or any other interface fitted with ADAT optical inputs and outputs.8 In. 8 Out. Over ADAT.
Whatever you record, however you work, there will come the day that you need more inputs. Clarett OctoPre gives you eight - and eight outputs too - that you can use to extend the capabilities of your Clarett Thunderbolt audio interface - or any other interface fitted with ADAT optical inputs and outputs.
Eight Clarett Mic Pres with extra ‘Air’
The mic pres have been designed specifically for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion - and great sound quality. They include a special “Air” feature that switches in an analogue model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre, switching the impedance of the preamp to that of the original ISA, and enabling a ‘transformer resonance effect’, giving your microphone recordings the air and clarity of an ISA transformer-based mic pre recording. In addition, the mic pres have plenty of headroom and are ideal for recording drums and other extreme level sources.
Mic, line and instrument inputsand instrument inputs - plus eight outputs
The front panel includes dual instrument inputs featuring extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup, while the rear panel includes universal XLR/jack connectors for the remaining auto-switching mic/line inputs. In addition, each input has its own switched insert point for single-cable connection of compression, equalisation and other outboard analogue processing - with hard-wired relay bypass so you can leave outboard gear or a patchbay connected ready to access at the press of a button.
In addition to providing eight mic pres with 24-bit, 192kHz A-D conversion, the Clarett OctoPre offers D-A conversion of up to eight ADAT digital channels feeding 25-pin DSUB rear-panel analogue outputs, making it useful for mixing as well as tracking. The line outputs can optionally provide line level output feeds from the mic pres - useful for feeding a live console, for example, while recording the digital outputs. Aside from the insert point, the Clarett OctoPre is balanced end to end for exceptional noise immunity.
Precision Digital Conversion
There's no point in having the superb-quality mic preamps in the Clarett OctoPre without equally superb digital conversion to back them up. Focusrite has been making digital audio converters almost as long as mic preamps, and those in the Clarett OctoPre ensure that you maintain the highest possible quality getting your music in and out of your DAW. The Clarett OctoPre's precision 24-bit converters operate at standard sample rates all the way up to 192kHz - ideal for hi-res audio - with up to 118dB (A-D) /119dB (D-A) dynamic range. Clarett OctoPre also includes both internal and external clocking with Word Clock I/O and JetPLL(TM) jitter elimination.
The new bx_console Focusrite VST/AU/AAX plug-in for Mac and PC faithfully captures the sound, feel and styling of Focusrite’s original iconic hardware – and it’s included for free with every Clarett and Red audio interface.
- 8-channel I/O mic/line expansion with ADAT interfacing
- Eight Clarett-style mic pres with 'Air' transformer emulation effect
- Eight line outputs fed from D-A or mic pres
- 24-bit A-D and D-A up to 192kHz sample rate - ideal for hi-res audio
- Dual-port ADAT I/O - eight channels at up to 96kHz, four channels at 176.4/192kHz
- Switched insert with true bypass on every channel
- Mic Pres and front panel instrument inputs with extra headroom
- Six-segment LED metering and channel clip indicators
- 48v Phantom Power to all inputs
- State-of-the-art digital clocking with Word Clock I/O for synchronisation with external devices
- Clarett OctoPre
- Getting Started Guide
- Power Cable
- Focusrite – Red Plug-in Suite: accurately models Focusrite's classic Red 2 equaliser and Red 3 compressor
- Softube – Time and Tone Bundle: four of Softube's world-class reverb, delay, mastering and distortion plug-ins
- Focusrite – Plug-in Collective: exclusive offers, tutorial content and more, from some of the most innovative and prestigious plug-in companies
- Focusrite Control
- Supported Sample Rates, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz
- Microphone Inputs, Frequency Response 20 Hz - 35 kHz ±0.1 dB Dynamic Range (Without Insert) 118 dB (A-weighted) Dynamic Range (With Insert) 115 dB (A-Weighted) THD+N 0.001% Noise EIN –128 dBu (A-Weighted) Maximum input level +18 dBu ±0.5 dB Gain Range 57dB
- Line Inputs, Frequency Response 20 Hz - 35 kHz ±0.1 dB Dynamic Range (Without Insert) 117 dB (A-weighted) Dynamic Range (With Insert) 115 dB (A-Weighted) THD+N 0.001% Maximum input level +26 dBU ±0.5 dB Gain Range 57dB
- Instrument Inputs, Frequency Response 20 Hz – 35 kHz ± 0.1 dB Dynamic Range (Without Insert) 116 dB (A-weighted) Dynamic Range (With Insert) 114 dB (A-Weighted) THD+N 0.001% Maximum input level +14dBu ±0.5 dB Gain Range 57dB
- Line Outputs, Dynamic Range (Line Outputs) 118 dB (A-Weighted) Maximum Output Level (0 dBFS) +16 dBu, balanced THD+N 0.0007%
No upgrades available
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.