Focusrite iTrack Solo
Focusrite iTrack Solo product overview by GAK
The iTrack Solo gives you the best solution when you wish to record musical instruments and vocals using an iPad. At the heart of the unit is a Focusrite microphone pre-amp and a guitar input for recording bass or electric guitar. The Focurite iTrack Solo is a great way to expand the audio capabilities and possibilities of your iPad using Garageband or any other music-making app.
Even though the Focusrite iTrack solo is an Apple certified "Made for iPad" device, it is also fully compatible with your PC or Mac setup and comes with a load of free music making software like Ableton Live Lite and the Focusrite Scarlett Plug in Suite.
Check out the video below to see the Focusrite iTrack Solo in action.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Just connect your iTrack Solo to a power supply and an iPad and you're ready to go! With the very best in digital audio technology encased by a rugged aluminium unibody chassis, iTrack Solo will capture and playback your sound with pristine quality.
- The front panel has an input for a microphone and an input for an instrument (such as an electric guitar, bass guitar or the output of an electro-acoustic guitar). This makes the iTrack Solo perfect for capturing the output of a microphone, or using an electric guitar with one of the many guitar amp applications on iPad.
- Unique signal halos let you know that you've got a good audio level for recording. Green is good and red means that your audio is too loud, and that your should turn down the level control.
- Since 1985, Focusrite has been a leading manufacturer in the professional audio field. Focusrite mic pres are the choice of leading artists, recording studios and engineers around the world. Now get the quality of Focusrite on your iPad.
- Use the iTrack Solo's premium quality audio outputs to take your sound to Hi-Fi, speaker systems or headphones to hear the difference Focusrite can make. At Focusrite, that's all that matters - Sound is Everything.
- A supplied cable connects iTrack Solo to the iPad, and it is powered by the included USB cable that delivers the power necessary to run the iTrack's high-specification components.
- Made for iPad
- iTrack Solo works with iPad, iPad2 and iPad (3rd generation) and will work with all iPad applications that use the Apple Core Audio driver. The iTrack Solo will also work with PC and Mac computers.
- High Quality Mic Preamp
- The preamp design on the iTrack Solo is the same design as used in the Scarlett and Saffire audio interface ranges, used and trusted by top musicians and artists around the world.
- High Quality Outputs
- With a dynamic range of over 105dB, your music will sound amazing going out of the iTrack Solo's professional digital to analogue conversion.
- Rugged Metal Unibody Case
- The tough aluminium unibody chassis ensures that your iTrack Solo can withstand life on the road, and looks great next to your iPad.
- Unique Signal Halos
- The gain halos which surround the gain knob for each input provides an easy way to know that the signal you're recording is the right level. It will show green when the signal is at a good level (above -24dBFS). If it turns to red, you know that the signal is too loud and is therefore clipping - if this happens, simply reduce the gain until the halo returns to green.
- Direct Monitor Function
- Flick the direct monitor switch on the front panel of your iTrack Solo and you will hear what you are recording through your speakers or headphones, without the signal having to go through your iPad or Mac / PC. This avoids the possibility of "latency" (a slight time delay) being introduced by your music app, which can be distracting while recording.
- Included software for Mac and PC
- Inside the box you'll find a code which will unlock Ableton Live Lite 8, as well as Focusrite's Scarlett plug-in suite. Compatible with all major DAWs (digital audio workstations) on Mac and PC, Scarlett plug-in suite provides EQ, Compression, Gate and Reverb - essential tools for polishing your mix.
- 2 in / 2 out USB audio interface
- 96 KHz, 24-bit conversion
- 1 Focusrite microphone preamplifier
- Silver "soft-touch" aluminium unibody chassis
- Front panel
- 1 microphone input - XLR
- 1 Instrument input - ¼' unbalanced
- 2 Gain knobs
- 2 Gain halo signal indicators
- 48V Phantom power switch
- Direct monitor switch
- Large monitor level dial (controls headphone and line level outputs)
- USB Connection LED indicator
- Headphone output - ¼" TRS Jack
- Rear panel
- 2 unbalanced monitor outputs - RCA Phono
- DEVICE LINK port (to connect iTrack Solo to iPad)
- USB 2.0 Port
- Kensington Lock slot
- Included software
- Ableton Live Lite 8 - professional music making software to use your iTrack Solo with a Mac or PC.
- Focusrite Scarlett plug-in suite - collection of software plug-ins bringing effects to your music software (like Ableton Live for example).
- Novation Bass Station - legendary Novation synthesizer modelled in software as a soft-synth plug-in instrument.
- Loopmasters content - 1 Gigabyte of royalty free samples
- Analogue Input Performance
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz /- 0.2 dB
- THD N < 0.002% (minimum gain, -1dBFS input with 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) < -120dB: measured at minimum gain with, -1 dBFS (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Gain Range 10dB to 55dB
- Max Input Level -3dBu
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz /- 0.2dB
- THD N 0.003% (measured with -1dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise -87dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Gain Range -10dB to 55dB
- Analogue Output Performance
- Nominal Output Level 0dBFS = 9dBu, unbalanced
- Nominal Output Level 0dBFS = 10dBu, balanced
- THD N < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter, un-weighted)
- Digital Performance
- Clock sources Internal clock only
- A-D Dynamic Range 105dB 'A-weighted' (all inputs). Converter chipset A-D dynamic range 114dB
- D-A Dynamic Range 105dB 'A-weighted' (all outputs). Converter chipset D-A dynamic range 114dB
- Supported sample rates 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz - Mac and PC
- 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz - iPad
- Input to Input Better than 90dB
- Output to Output Better than 90dB
- Input to Output Better than 85dB
- Input Metering
- Ring LED lit Green Signal present (-24 dBFS)
- Ring LED lit Red Signal overload (0dBFS), peak held for approximately 1 second
- Weight and Dimensions
- Height 45 mm / 1 Â¾ "
- Width 150 mm / 6"
- Depth 100 mm / 4"
- Weight 500 g / 1 lb
- iTrack Solo
- 1.2m USB cable
- 1.2m "DEVICE LINK" cable (to connect to a 30 pin iPad)
- Getting started guide
- Registration card
- Download card for Ableton Live Lite / Scarlett Plug-in Suite