Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio Pack, 3rd Gen
Overview by GAK
This version of the 2i2 is part of the “Studio Pack”, which is a brilliant choice if you’re buying your first interface and starting to put your home studio setup. It comes with the fantastic 2i2 and two essential pieces of high-quality gear that’ll get you up and running in no time! This bundle includes a pair of HP60 MkIII closed-back headphones, a CM25 MkIII large-diaphragm condenser, a mic stand attachment and a three-meter XLR cable.
Focusrite’s classic Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio interface has a brilliant blend of I/O options and price, which makes it one of the world’s top-selling interfaces. From the third-gen, the 2i2 features direct stereo monitoring. The 2i2 allows you to simultaneously record and playback up to two channels, with independent headphone and monitor outputs.
The 2i2 is suited for singer-songwriters, travelling musicians, keyboard players and vocalists, and home recording. You can upgrade to the 4i4 and 8i6 for more I/O connections, or for more professional applications, there’s also the 18i8 and 18i20.
In the unlikely event your interface lets you down, all brand-new Scarletts come with a three-year warranty from Focusrite and their support team is friendly and knowledgeable.
The Clarett 2Pre USB is effectively the premium 2i2 and is worth considering if you’re looking at upgrading or have a bit more in your budget. Whilst the Clarett 2Pre USB has a similar look and form factor to the 2i2, it’s a step up in virtually every way - with a more versatile I/O configuration that includes ADAT and MIDI, stereo Loopback functionality, superior latency performance, two additional outputs and the specially-designed Clarett Preamps. Focusrite claims these are the finest preamps that they’ve built into a USB interface, with a wider dynamic range that emphasises quieter signals and tames louder ones.
- Two of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- Large diaphragm condenser mic enables you to capture studio-quality recordings that are faithful to the original source
- The upgraded HP60 MkIII closed-back headphones offer high sound quality and long-lasting comfort, invaluable for recording or mixing
- Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass
- With our Quick Start tool, it's now easier than ever to get up and running
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen.
- 1 x Scarlett CM25 MkIII Microphone & mic stand attachment
- 1 x Scarlett HP60 MkIII Headphones
- 1 x 3m XLR cable
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- Connectivity: USB Type-C
- Protocol: USB 2.0
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 2 x 2
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192 kHz
- Number of Preamps: 2
- Phantom Power: YES
- Instrument Inputs: 2
- Line Inputs: 2
- Analogue Outputs: 2
- Headphone Outputs: 1
- Bus Powered: YES
- CM25 MkIII Microphone: Cardioid/Condenser
- HP60 MkIII Headphones : Closed Back
Delivery was excellent
Product as such is good and straight forward, but for a beginner the Ableton software is important and as promised the GAK company didn’t send the me the softwares with it. So still chasing the software kit
Stand is fine. As described and required. Very pleased with Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Already have better headphones than those in bundle so didn’t need these. Understand why “customised” bundles aren’t offered though.
All in one package to start recording, love the programs it comes with, pro tools, ableton... small and compact, a mobile studio on the go.
daughter requested this for her birthday, loved it