Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 USB Audio Interface, 3rd Gen
Overview by GAK
Focusrite’s Scarlett 8i6 USB audio interface leans towards the upper tier of the range, featuring a pretty impressive I/O configuration for a unit of its size. There’s plenty of flexibility on offer here, with an additional pair of instrument inputs compared to its predecessor the 6i6. With a total of six inputs (two combo mic/line/high-headroom ins with Air mode and four line ins), you’re able to multi-track record, get the most out of your stereo signals (such as synthesisers and pedalboards) and spend less time plugging in all your different instruments!
The 8i6 also features four balanced outputs for your monitoring and effects sends and, as of the 3rd-generation of Scarletts, Loopback functionality. This is a brilliant capability that’s particularly handy for streamers and podcasters as it allows you to route a stereo source from any combination of digital and analogue inputs into your DAW of choice.
Focusrite have managed to pack a tonne of versatility and power into this box - the 8i6 can be both the centrepiece of your home studio setup as well as a dependable companion when you’re recording in the wild.
In the unlikely event your interface lets you down, all brand-new Scarletts come with a three-year warranty from Focusrite and their support team is friendly and knowledgeable.
- Two of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass
- Six balanced line inputs for connecting synthesisers, drum machines, and other line-level sources
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Four balanced outputs for clean monitoring and sending audio out to effects pedals or other outboard gear
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- ֠֠Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen.
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- 1 x Power Supply
- Connectivity: USB Type-C
- Protocol: USB 2.0
- Form Factor : Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 8 x 6
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192 kHz
- Number of Preamps: 2
- Phantom Power: YES
- Number of Pads: 2
- Instrument Inputs: 2
- Line Inputs: 6
- Analogue Outputs: 4
- Headphone Outputs: 2
- Digital Inputs: S/PDIF
- Digital Outputs: S/PDIF
- MIDI I/O : YES
- Loopback: YES
- Bus Powered: NO
- Included PSU: YES
Excellent piece of equipment
This piece of kit provides a clean linear response and is very versatile with the I/O routing options.
Brilliant bit of kit.
Sounds amazing ... Great Bang for buck without compromising on sound quality.