Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic
Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic Product Overview by GAK
The perfect interface if you're looking to expand your studio. Adding the preamp to your setup is described as the ideal way to add extra input channels to you your DAW. It provides you with 8 extra analogue compressed channels and is great for expanding on any interface with ADAT I/O connectivity. Each channel has Focusrite's Scarlett preamps and a soft-knee VCA compressor.
You will also find 8 output channels included to allow you to use the OctoPre and its preamps in a live environment.
If you've reached the point where you don't have enough inputs in your studio to record all your instrument, the Scarlett Octopre could be the answer.
Focusrite Product Overview
Building on the features of the Scarlett OctoPre, adding analogue compression to all input channels and eight channels of precision D-A conversion. With dual ADAT* optical I/O, its ideal for expanding a Scarlett 18i8 or 18i20 - or any interface with ADAT I/O.
It's the ideal way of adding eight extra mic/line inputs to your DAW. It also offers eight balanced line outputs, sourced directly from their respective mic preamps for use on stage in a live environment. Featuring eight channels of Focusrite's 2nd generation Scarlett preamps and a soft-knee VCA compressor on every channel. Control the dynamics of all your input signals with an easy-to-use single-knob analogue compressor on every channel. There's a transparent mode for subtle compression plus a "More" button that doubles the ratio for compression with effect.
In addition to the eight input channels, there are eight line outputs, sourced either from the ADAT inputs for eight additional analogue outputs, or directly from the mic inputs for use in a live sound environment. Ideal for expanding any high quality, multi-channel recording system. With its high-headroom mic, line and dual instrument inputs and analogue compression, it's ideal for tracking drums as well guitars, keyboards, vocals and more. Meanwhile the eight outputs give you the option of expanding your analogue outputs over and above the Scarlett OctoPre.
- Eight natural-sounding 2nd generation Scarlett mic preamps
- Flexible analogue compression on every channel
- Eight balanced line inputs
- Focusrite precision AD/DA conversion up to sample rates of 192 kHz
- Dual front-panel instrument inputs
- Optimized headroom for tracking loud sources such as drums
- Eight balanced line outputs - ideal for live use
- Accurate 5-segment LED input metering
- Simple ADAT connectivity via optical cables
- 48V Phantom power available on every channel for condenser mics
- State-of-the-art digital clocking with Word Clock I/O for synchronisation with external devices
- Scarlett OctoPre Dynamic
- Getting Started Guide
- Power Cable
- Focusrite Red 3 & 3 Plug-in suite
- Softube Time & Tone bundle