Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio Pack, 3rd Gen
Overview by GAK
This is the “Studio Pack” edition of the Solo which is terrific value if you’re starting off your home studio from scratch. In addition to a top-notch Scarlett interface, you’ll also receive a pair of HP60 MkIII closed-back headphones, a CM25 MkIII large-diaphragm condenser, a mic stand attachment and a three-meter XLR cable.
The most compact and simple audio interface by Focusrite, as of the third-gen, the Solo now has balanced TRS outputs. If you know you won’t be adding more instruments or need to record multiple sources simultaneously, this is a top choice.
Ideal for guitarists, solo artists, entry-level home recording, demos, and travelling musicians, the Solo provides an easy, affordable way to make studio-quality recordings. You can upgrade to the 2i2 or 4i4 if you need a little more connectivity. Alternatively, you can take a look at the upper-midrange, like the 8i6, for a wider array of inputs and outputs.
In the unlikely event your interface lets you down, all brand-new Scarletts come with a three-year warranty from Focusrite and their support team is friendly and knowledgeable.
From 19th November to 20th January 2021, Focusrite are offering D16’s versatile Devastor distortion plugin for free, as well as a whopping 50% discount on everything in the D16 store to registered Focusrite customers.
- The best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- Large diaphragm condenser mic enables you to capture studio-quality recordings that are faithful to the original source
- The upgraded HP60 MkIII closed-back headphones offer high sound quality and long-lasting comfort, invaluable for recording or mixing
- High headroom instrument input allows you to record guitars and basses without any unwanted clipping or distortion
- With our Quick Start tool, it's now easier than ever to get up and running
- ֠֠Ableton Live Lite music making software
- ֠֠Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen.
- 1 x Scarlett CM25 MkIII Microphone & mic stand attachment
- 1 x Scarlett HP60 MkIII Headphones
- 1 x 3m XLR cable
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- Connectivity: USB Type-C
- Protocol: USB 2.0
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 2 x 2
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192 kHz
- Number of Preamps: 1
- Phantom Power: YES
- Instrument Inputs: 1
- Line Inputs: 1
- Analogue Outputs: 2 TRS (Balanced)
- Headphone Outputs: 1
- Bus Powered : YES
- CM25 MkIII Microphone: Cardioid/Condenser
- HP60 MkIII Headphones : Closed Back
I wanted something simple to be able to record and share acoustic vocal and piano performances in quality during lockdown. Not yet sure this is it. The physical set-up is straightforward enough, but both sets of accompanying software pose quite a learning curve, and the supplied tutorials assume previous knowledge. TBF there are lots of YouTube tutorials so I have been taking my pick. Also my first mic was faulty and crackled, though it was quickly replaced.
Easy to use does a good job at getting those tracks down
Pleased, quick de
The mic and interface are ideal for a starter home studio....love the mic ..the quality for the price is unbelievable The only downside for me are the headphones..cannot get them to settle on my ears and the sound from them is pretty average...but I didn't buy for the headphones so they will come in handy for other things
Speechless this is the one im looking for one of the best audio interface ever. Thumb up