Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB Audio Interface, 3rd Gen
Overview by GAK
The most compact and simple audio interface by Focusrite, as of the third-gen, the Solo now has balanced TRS outputs. If you know you won’t be adding more instruments or need to record multiple sources simultaneously, this is a top choice.
Ideal for guitarists, solo artists, entry-level home recording, demos, and travelling musicians, the Solo provides an easy, affordable way to make studio-quality recordings. You can upgrade to the 2i2 or 4i4 if you need a little more connectivity. Alternatively, you can take a look at the upper-midrange, like the 8i6, for a wider array of inputs and outputs.
The Solo can either come with just the interface or as part of the “Studio Pack”, which is very handy for budding producers that are looking for a package that provides you with the tools you need to kick start your studio setup. It includes a pair of HP60 MkIII closed-back headphones, a CM25 MkIII large-diaphragm condenser, a mic stand attachment and a three-meter XLR cable. What’s advantageous about the included condenser mic is that, compared to a dynamic microphone, it’s a lot better at picking up the nuance and detail of your audio sources.
In the unlikely event your interface lets you down, all brand-new Scarletts come with a three-year warranty from Focusrite and their support team is friendly and knowledgeable.
From 19th November to 20th January 2021, Focusrite are offering D16’s versatile Devastor distortion plugin for free, as well as a whopping 50% discount on everything in the D16 store to registered Focusrite customers.
- The best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- One high-headroom instrument input to plug in your guitar or bass
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Two hum-free balanced outputs provide clean audio playback
- With our Quick Start tool, it's now easier than ever to get up and running
- ֠Ableton Live Lite music making software
- ֠֠Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen.
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- Connectivity: USB Type-C
- Protocol:USB 2.0
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 2 x 2
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192 kHz
- Number of Preamps: 1
- Phantom Power : YES
- Instrument Inputs: 1
- Line Inputs: 1
- Analogue Outputs: 2 TRS (Balanced)
- Headphone Outputs: 1
- Bus Powered : YES
Great product, is the best for the price
Simple to set up, great sound.
Extremely easy to use, great build quality.
loving it so far. easy to use for a noob like me.