Fulltone FD-3 Full-Drive 3 JFET Overdrive Pedal
The Fulltone Fulldrive-2 has been a massive huge success since Michael Fuller designed it. Twenty years om and 150,000 Fulldrives later it's still on many Pro's pedalboards.
Over the years many players have asked: "Please offer a footswitchable independent Clean-Boost channel" as opposed to the FD2's footswitchable "Distortion Boost" function. So the Custom Shop "20th anniversary FD3" was born..5000 pcs. built and SOLD OUT in 8 months.
Step in the new FD-3 with it's N.O.S. JRC4558D chip and added order switch which places the boost channel either before or after the Overdrive section of the circuit: After takes whatever sound you have set and boosts the level so you can jump out of the mix and drown out the drummer. Before pounds the input of the Overdrive channel to give you a tasty gain boost without the volume jump, just more singing sustain. Or you can set the pedal up into an amp that just breaking, set the order switch to after and use the boost to drive the amp harder and give you ultimate overdrive stacking.
Best of all the housing's about 20% smaller than the regular Fulldrive-2
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Three switchable Clipping Modes give you a choice of;
- -90's" original 90's warm FD2-like voicing. Transparent? NOT! Think Mids, rich Mids, Colour, beautiful colour. You want transparent? You might want to look elsewhere.
- -"Wide Asym"...that's Wide Asymmetrical, for a more open sound, chimey sound. Even more asymmetrical than the FD2,
- -"Comp-Cut" mode: This mode removes all diode clipping from the JRC4558 opamp, giving it a somewhat clean-boost feature or an aggressive opamp clipping sound on higher "Overdrive" settings. Just like the tried and tested FD-2.
- Completely independent, discrete JFET Clean Boost channel that can be used by it's own! This channel has its own Volume control and a unique mini-knob controlling Germanium Diode "Limiter" function that has to be felt to be really appreciated! Clockwise on this knob takes out the strident, irritating spikes that occur with other clean boosts when you hit the strings hard....absolutely gorgeous feature destined to be a classic. This Boost circuit does not invert the signal like most clean-boosts and can be used with or without the overdrive section of the pedal.