Gretsch Country Gentlemen G6122T-59 Walnut Stain
Gretsch Country Gentlemen G6122T-59 Walnut Stain Overview by GAK
Inspired by the original CGP (Certified Guitar Player), Chet Atkins, this Country Gentleman is more than able to keep up with the most fleet-fingered guitarist. Packed with the sound, style and features that made the original a legend, the ’59 Gent provides highly responsive, amazingly articulate sound.
A pair of TV Jones pickups—a Super’Tron Classic Plus bridge pickup and Super’Tron neck pickup—responds to every stroke with defined, eloquent tone. Traditional Gretsch controls, volume for each pickup, master volume and tone control, allow you to blend the pickups to create countless tonal variations. Add the new Gretsch "Squeezebox" paper-in-oil capacitors and you get incredibly silky vintage high end. The standard "U"-shaped maple neck with 1.75" nut bears a 12"-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 vintage-style small frets and is a picker’s dream. A pinned "rocking" bar bridge works with the Bigsby B6GWVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the vintage-style genuine bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
All of the ’59 Gent’s classic features are here—laminated 5-ply figured maple top with painted F Holes, "wire" vibrato arm, gold "G Arrow" control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover Imperial tuning machines with ‘butterbean’ buttons. A truly classic instrument with refined style and sound, the G6122T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman Hollow Body with Bigsby is a fine addition to any guitarist’s collection.
- Body Shape: Country Gentleman
- Body Top: 5-Ply Laminated Figured Maple
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Bracing: Trestle
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/I/B Purfling
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.5 mm)
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Thumbnails
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones Super'Tron Classic Plus
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones Super'Tron Classic Plus
- -Volume 1. Neck Pickup
- -Volume 2. Bridge Pickup
- -Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Rocking Bar
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Imperial™ with Butter-Bean Buttons
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Control Knobs: "G" Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
Lovely guitar does all it says in the description on GAK website. Very pleased with purchase.