Gretsch G6122T Players Edition Country Gentleman
Gretsch G6122T Players Edition Country Gentleman Overview by GAK
Reinvigorated for modern players who demand the pinnacle of performance and tone from their guitar, the Gretsch® G6122T Players Edition Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with String-Thru Bigsby® and is packed with the sound and style that made the original a classic. With updated, performance-oriented features this instrument is destined to become an indispensible part of your guitar collection.
Premium features include a laminated walnut stain body, dual High Sensitive Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups that provide pristine high end, glassy midrange, robust low end and balanced harmonics for tone that blends seamlessly with other instruments, and innovative Gretsch "ML" bracing that is specifically voiced for the thinner, 2.25" body and produces distinct tone by synchronizing the top and back vibrations for harmonious tone without clashing overtones.
The control complement—separate bridge and neck volume controls, three-way pickup switching, no-load master tone and master volume—allows for near-infinite tonal variations. The all-new Gretsch Squeezebox paper-in-oil caps add smooth vintage tone while the treble bleed circuit lets your guitar retain all of its tasty clarity when rolling the volume control down.
A 12"-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and striking pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays tops a maple neck with a comfortably familiar standard "U"-shaped profile for fluidly easy playing. Highly expressive, the Bigsby B6GP vibrato tailpiece and pinned “rocking” bar bridge combine with the GraphTech® TUSQ XL nut for stable tuning. In a uniquely Gretsch touch, the Bigsby tailpiece is now string-through, making it quicker (and easier) to change strings as well as providing increased vibration transfer for enhanced sustain.
A treat for the eyes and ears, this guitar is a highly-tuned music machine—from the stately Amber Stain finish to the shining gold Gotoh® die-cast locking tuning machines, gold "G-Arrow" control knobs, F Holes, gloss urethane finish and gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo. Engineered for today’s player who requires the most from their instrument, the Players Edition Country Gentlemen with String-Thru Bigsby and walnut stain updates authentic classic Gretsch style and sound with modern innovations. Includes a deluxe hardshell case.
- ollection: Professional Collection
- Body Material: Laminated Flame Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 12" (305mm)
- Lower Bout: 17" (432mm)
- Waist: 10.25" (260mm)
- Neck: Maple, "U" Shape, Gloss Finish
- Neck Finish: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnails
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12" (305 mm) Radius
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnails
- Nut (Material / Width): Graph Tech® TUSQ XL, 1.6875” (43 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Pinned Rocking Bar
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B6GP String-Thru Vibrato Tailpiece
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi w/ Black Gretsch Logo
- Pickups: High Sensitive Filter'TronTM (Bridge and Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge
- and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master
- Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: "G-Arrow"
- Hardware: Gold
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel, .011-.049 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Includes G6242L Deluxe Hardshell Case